Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Drew Max is back...or he never left.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=161195)

jgmp123 01-08-2013 07:29 AM

Drew Max is back...or he never left....

Caught a new episode of Pawn Stars tonight and they had the guy that brought in the signed Schalk/Faber ball and the fake rulebook....

Well, of course they called in their expert Drew and of course he told them it was authentic(I believe it is as well) but, man I thought they were done with Buffoon Drew...

tazdmb 01-08-2013 10:08 AM

It was not a new episode, however, I have seen him on recent episodes.

jgmp123 01-08-2013 11:57 AM

Funny Taz...I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it, but my guide said a new episode(only records the new ones)...still sucks that they use that guy....Don't want something like that to continue to add to his credibility to unsuspecting buyers...

GrayGhost 01-08-2013 01:07 PM

They have been using that Jeremy guy w the card store m ore for sports lately, even autographs.

Drew is a clown for sure

packs 01-08-2013 01:22 PM

The Jeremy guy seems to be pretty good with his eye and the prices he feels items are worth, at least in the episodes I've seen him in.

Shoeless Moe 01-08-2013 01:26 PM

I heard the reason Drew was out.....

was that he dropped his giant magnifying glass and has been unable to find a new one that big.

Mr. Zipper 01-08-2013 01:28 PM

It was my understanding that they were using the woman from the book shop (Rebecca?) for historical and Jeremy for sports.

By the way, Cajun Pawn Stars has been using Stuart Lutz for historical. From what I gather, a solid, reputable dealer.

GrayGhost 01-08-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1070906)
It was my understanding that they were using the woman from the book shop (Rebecca?) for historical and Jeremy for sports.

By the way, Cajun Pawn Stars has been using Stuart Lutz for historical. From what I gather, a solid, reputable dealer.

You are right on the woman. not sure thats her name either. But, she's the one who didn't like the Shoeless Joe horrible fake signed book

drc 01-08-2013 01:56 PM

You know the book signature was bad when it included the inscription "Enjoyable book. Read it twice."

travrosty 01-08-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1070906)

well, at least they are not using John "one and done" Reznikoff. embarrasssing!

Deertick 01-10-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1070909)
You are right on the woman. not sure thats her name either. But, she's the one who didn't like the Shoeless Joe horrible fake signed book

Oh yeah, it's Rebecca. :D

Mr. Zipper 01-10-2013 05:22 PM

What's astounding to me is Drew Max had a tremendous platform from which to launch himself and really grow his business.

Yet his web site still looks like a Geocities homepage from 1999 and I've yet to see his LOAs appear with any regularity in credible venues.

Completely squandered once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

thetruthisoutthere 01-10-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1070958)
well, at least they are not using John "one and done" Reznikoff. embarrasssing!

Oh yes they are.

Mr. Reznikoff vetts all autographs for Rebecca on the Pawn Stars show.

travrosty 01-10-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1071926)
Oh yes they are.

Mr. Reznikoff vetts all autographs for Rebecca on the Pawn Stars show.

i am sure he does, lol then he just stabbed his partner and jsa coworker herman darvick in the back. nice joe jackson sig.

its the biggest joke in autograph authentication history, 6.6 million people and he blows it. i watch the video now and then when i need a good laugh. That one and the sal bando video, jsa and their employees, batting 1000!!!