Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Re-Using Scans (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=163859)

Runscott 02-19-2013 09:21 PM

Re-Using Scans

Does anyone have a problem with re-using scans of fragile or large items? I was just scanning a fragile photo and thought, "that's kind of dumb - the scan I bought it from is as clear and nicer as anything I can do - what's the point of subjecting the item to additional handling?"

So I'm thinking - when re-selling such items, use the original scan if it's well-done, but add a photos of the item to show that it's actually changed hands.

Thoughts?

drc 02-19-2013 09:42 PM

If the photo is an accurate representation, I have no problem. I've used auctions scans, often along with one of my own.

Forever Young 02-19-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc (Post 1091839)
If the photo is an accurate representation, I have no problem. I've used auctions scans, often along with one of my own.

Agreed.. as long as the scan wasn't di*ked with.. made darker, photo shopped.. ect.

thecatspajamas 02-19-2013 11:52 PM

As long as the original scan was clear and remains representative, I don't think there should be a problem with re-using it. The only one I could see objecting would be maybe the seller who put forth the time and effort to produce the clean scan in the first place, but as long as they were satisfied with the sale they made to you, they'd have to be a pretty big jerk to complain about you re-using the scan for re-selling the same item.

It's not the same situation as swiping a scan for an item similar to yours without having purchased the item from the scanner.

Scott Garner 02-20-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1091868)
As long as the original scan was clear and remains representative, I don't think there should be a problem with re-using it. The only one I could see objecting would be maybe the seller who put forth the time and effort to produce the clean scan in the first place, but as long as they were satisfied with the sale they made to you, they'd have to be a pretty big jerk to complain about you re-using the scan for re-selling the same item.

It's not the same situation as swiping a scan for an item similar to yours without having purchased the item from the scanner.

+1

EvilKing00 02-20-2013 05:39 AM

sure why not, unless its changed in some way

Runscott 02-20-2013 09:13 AM

Thanks for your responses!

bn2cardz 02-20-2013 10:07 AM

I agree with all the statements. There is nothing wrong with it. Especially since you understand that it could raise people's questions on who owns the card, but you covered that by doing photos (as long as they are better than Andrew clinton's photos :rolleyes:)

drc 02-21-2013 12:50 PM

My opinion is the point of scans is to correctly represent the item for sale. Where the scans came from is beside the point. The only problem is if someone wonders if you're a scammer who stole a scan-- which would be one reason to add a quick extra photo of your own.

Sean1125 02-22-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc (Post 1092522)
My opinion is the point of scans is to correctly represent the item for sale. Where the scans came from is beside the point. The only problem is if someone wonders if you're a scammer who stole a scan-- which would be one reason to add a quick extra photo of your own.

Agree. I see no problems in using other scans (and I do) especially if they are of top quality. But I don't have a problem shooting a quick photo /w the date/name on a piece of paper to prove I have it in my possession though.