Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WWYD if the PO lost 28 packages you mailed (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=167572)

T205 GB 04-22-2013 06:43 PM

WWYD if the PO lost 28 packages you mailed

Yeah you read that right.

Last Monday I printed and mailed 28 packages out in #0 padded mailers. Stopped by the PO and dropped them all into an out of town drop slot. Friday night comes round and I get an ebay claim from a buyer claiming that they haven't received their card and the tracking info is not showing the item received. WTF I think. Saturday I get 2 more and start looking into all the packages I sent. Every one of them have no tracking info. So I called the PO and of course my small town PO is closed on Saturday. I made the call in this morning to the post master and explained the issue. Later today I get a call back saying my packages and about 20 other peoples mail is in a drop slot that used to have a brass plate over it stopping mail from being dropped into it and was no longer being looked at since it had been blocked off. They have a roller bin below for an in town drop slot and then a box type area above for that out of town slot. Anyway they found all the packages as well as the other peoples mail. So someone steals the brass plate, I'm one of the idiots that used it, piss off a few customer, and get a "sorry for that sir".

How about that for a PO f'up or is it my fault for not using a larger PO to mail out at??

HRBAKER 04-22-2013 06:46 PM

You lost me, are the packages really lost?
Hardly you're fault but if they are lost you'll have to make it good.

HercDriver 04-22-2013 06:48 PM

Wow

Wow - your heart must have stopped when you heard that! Thank goodness you found them. The more the PO cuts back, the worse their service. The worse the service, the more you're likely to go elsewhere. Go elsewhere, they cut more service. It's the PO spiral of doom...

Take Care,
Geno

Cardboard Junkie 04-22-2013 06:50 PM

I feel your pain, Andrew. I could tell you countless horror stories regarding the usps. But I don't want to get started. Other services ups etc. have screwed me too. Dave

Jay Wolt 04-22-2013 06:51 PM

Andrew that sucks, hopefully they will turn up and be delivered.

Mikehealer 04-22-2013 07:00 PM

I thought you stated the packages were found. If so, they will be delivered soon. Problem solved it seems.

Seiklis 04-22-2013 07:02 PM

Yea they're found, the delivery status has been updated for me.

Was wondering about the status but wasn't too worried about it

olrac44 04-22-2013 07:25 PM

I heard one the other day from a large dealer who had a couple hundred packages lost. Turned out the mail bag was in the back of a mail truck that was sent for repairs and they never checked the back to see if there was any mail in the truck. Nice.....

HRBAKER 04-22-2013 07:29 PM

I feel very fortunate, I have an excellent post office. Now the DMV, that's an entirely different story.

deadballfreaK 04-22-2013 07:52 PM

Last week I bought my wife two breeding canaries as a gift. They were shipped USPS "Overnight Express". Only cost me $40 shipping + $10 packaging. A total trip of about 500-550 miles. Birds shipped on Weds. Got em Saturday. 63 hours. Fortunately the birds were alive, but c'mon. 8 miles an hour is EXPRESS? I had made arrangements to pick up at the post office. Had I waited for normal rural delivery it would have been 7 more hours.

sox1903wschamp 04-22-2013 09:32 PM

At least spring is here in Minnesota Andrew :D

T205 GB 04-23-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sox1903wschamp (Post 1121872)
At least spring is here in Minnesota Andrew :D

Yep and another 2" of snow this morning to wake up too.

Yes all the packages have been located and should be populating tracking info now. I just can figure out why they blocked off the out of town box in the first place. So there is an in-town drop slot inside and the rest goes outside in the big blue box or all of it if your to lazy to separate:D Just a mess and frustrating:(

Peter_Spaeth 04-23-2013 07:29 AM

I sent a certified mail letter with some original documents from boston to beverly hills on march 26. It gets to the la sort facility on march 29 so far so good. It then takes until april 12 to get to the main beverly hills facility. On april 17 it then, according to the post office internal tracking, gets misdelivered to a business around the corner from where it was supposed to go. I call that business and naturally they dont have it and their mailroom guy has no recollection of it.

basesareempty 04-23-2013 08:27 AM

Lost packages

I print my own postage for Ebay and Sportlots sales. I always have the post office worker scan in each package while I am there with an "acceptance scan" and when all the packages have been scanned she prints a summary of all the items that has all the delivery confirmations and times received on them. I am in there 2 or 3 times a week and for 10 or so packages this takes about 2 or 3 minutes. Not a lot of time to wait for piece of mind. I am generally weary about putting them in the slot so I do not.

Bob

pawpawdiv9 04-23-2013 08:39 AM

i had the PO lose a submission i sent out to Beckett over a few years ago.
It tracked it to Atlanta facility, and never made it to Texas.
Later, i filed my claim..and received my check.
Back then..it had both variations (topps & OPC) of the Ozzie Smith RC
and some 86-7 fleer basketball card RCs and some pre-college Tebows.

thehoodedcoder 04-23-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T205 GB (Post 1121739)
Yeah you read that right.

Last Monday I printed and mailed 28 packages out in #0 padded mailers. Stopped by the PO and dropped them all into an out of town drop slot. Friday night comes round and I get an ebay claim from a buyer claiming that they haven't received their card and the tracking info is not showing the item received. WTF I think. Saturday I get 2 more and start looking into all the packages I sent. Every one of them have no tracking info. So I called the PO and of course my small town PO is closed on Saturday. I made the call in this morning to the post master and explained the issue. Later today I get a call back saying my packages and about 20 other peoples mail is in a drop slot that used to have a brass plate over it stopping mail from being dropped into it and was no longer being looked at since it had been blocked off. They have a roller bin below for an in town drop slot and then a box type area above for that out of town slot. Anyway they found all the packages as well as the other peoples mail. So someone steals the brass plate, I'm one of the idiots that used it, piss off a few customer, and get a "sorry for that sir".

How about that for a PO f'up or is it my fault for not using a larger PO to mail out at??

Even if you have no tracking on your packages it is possible to have the po verify delivery. My girl just had something strange happen to. They said they are not supposed to do it but she was in a good mood.

They gave her a physical print out. That was the last she heard from the buyer.

Kevin

thehoodedcoder 04-23-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadballfreaK (Post 1121798)
Last week I bought my wife two breeding canaries as a gift. They were shipped USPS "Overnight Express". Only cost me $40 shipping + $10 packaging. A total trip of about 500-550 miles. Birds shipped on Weds. Got em Saturday. 63 hours. Fortunately the birds were alive, but c'mon. 8 miles an hour is EXPRESS? I had made arrangements to pick up at the post office. Had I waited for normal rural delivery it would have been 7 more hours.

You paid 60 some bucks to ship a live animal. Sometimes I can't get a card for under 12 bucks. It can take 8 miles an hour.

Kevin