Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Has Anyone Ever Found A Legit Autograph Authenticated by XYZ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170465)

slidekellyslide 06-11-2013 03:29 PM

Has Anyone Ever Found A Legit Autograph Authenticated by XYZ?

Stat Authentic?
Morales?
ACE?

Has there ever been a high end auto that was legit in a Coaches Corner auction?

MooseDog 06-11-2013 03:41 PM

It's not like those guys JUST authenticate forgeries...I'm sure there are some "good" Bob Feller's with certs from those guys

;)

RichardSimon 06-11-2013 04:02 PM

I have had a different opinion on every item from those authenticators.
And never have I seen a high end autograph in CC.

slidekellyslide 06-11-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1144948)
It's not like those guys JUST authenticate forgeries...I'm sure there are some "good" Bob Feller's with certs from those guys

;)

I should have mentioned that I was thinking high end like Ruth, Cobb, et cetera. I mean is it possible that some guy had autographs like that passed down to him that were real and he chose to get them authenticated by Morales?

thetruthisoutthere 06-11-2013 04:49 PM

I can honestly write that I have never seen an autograph "authenticated" by Chris Morales, Ted Taylor, Drew Max, etc., that I can say was/is authentic.

Never.

Mr. Zipper 06-11-2013 05:16 PM

I have seen items I considered authentic with an ACE COA. Granted, they are a needle in a haystack, but they exist.

Bear in mind, Justin Priddy/ACE sets up at shows to take submissions. There are uninformed people who have had the misfortune of submitting an authentic item to them.

HOFAUTOS 06-11-2013 05:47 PM

STAT did the authentication for a George H Bush signing a few years ago.

mr2686 06-11-2013 05:55 PM

Two schools of thought. Did a company start off with good intentions but without much talent...meaning they could get lucky and get one right once in awhile, or, well, you know the other one.

travrosty 06-11-2013 09:00 PM

all companies have passed a few good ones. even psa and jsa.

sports-rings 06-12-2013 06:39 AM

You could try to send them a real autograph, but I'd be afraid with their morals, that they would photocopy it, keep the original and send you back the copy.

Leon 06-12-2013 07:10 AM

As devil's advocate the law of averages has to be in play here. I mean it seems there would be almost no way that each of those companies hasn't graded at least 1 good high end auto. As was said, some person must have not known better and submitted a good one to them.:confused:

mighty bombjack 06-12-2013 07:40 PM

I won't look very closely at any auto that has a cert from one of the companies listed in the OP. Quite possibly there are legit ones, but I wouldn't and won't know it because I won't give them my time.