Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T205 Master set with my Dad (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170665)

HOF Auto Rookies 06-14-2013 04:00 PM

T205 Master set with my Dad

I've been thinking of potentially putting together a T205 Master Set with my dad, think it would be fun, yet challenging, can be accomplished, and also be a cool little father-son experience, and bring us closer!

Now the question is, how the hell should we attack this thing lol. We are going to try to buy all and as many low grades as possible to complete the set, then as we are moving along, upgrade and sell the lower graded cards that we replace.

Leon 06-14-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1146241)
I've been thinking of potentially putting together a T205 Master Set with my dad, think it would be fun, yet challenging, can be accomplished, and also be a cool little father-son experience.

Now the question is, how the hell should we attack this thing lol. We are going to try to buy all and as many low grades as possible to complete the set, then as we are moving along, upgrade and sell the lower graded cards that we replace.

If it were me I might start out buying some groups in auctions and cherry pick what I want, sell/trade the rest.....repeat as necessary :).

HOF Auto Rookies 06-14-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1146243)
If it were me I might start out buying some groups in auctions and cherry pick what I want, sell/trade the rest.....repeat as necessary :).

Yeah, I'm trying to buy some bulk lots, but don't really see any. Looking for the cheapest, worst conditioned ones, so if anyone wants to sell a huge bulk lot, I'm all ears :) (I guess I'm all ears except for that smiley icon lol)

HOF Auto Rookies 06-14-2013 04:38 PM

And also, we are strictly trying to fund this without paying anything out of pocket. We are going to sell some of my cards from my personal collection to fund all of this, so may take a while!

cfc1909 06-14-2013 05:07 PM

I am sure Turner will have some good advice..:cool:

EvilKing00 06-14-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1146241)
I've been thinking of potentially putting together a T205 Master Set with my dad, think it would be fun, yet challenging, can be accomplished, and also be a cool little father-son experience, and bring us closer!

Great idea, awesome set and doing it with your dad should be fun. Take your time, search ebay and below in the BTS area. There are many lo-grade ones on ebay right now.

Im working on the same set my self. GL

HOF Auto Rookies 06-15-2013 07:35 AM

Thanks Steve! I've been following your progress a little, seems like you're doing well acquiring a ton of different backs.

Does anyone happen to have a spreadsheet of the T205 checklist which include all the different backs and errors?

EvilKing00 06-15-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1146452)
Thanks Steve! I've been following your progress a little, seems like you're doing well acquiring a ton of different backs.

Does anyone happen to have a spreadsheet of the T206 checklist which include all the different backs and errors?

T206??? or do you mean T205? I have a pretty cool T205 one I made up, maybe it can help you. I can email it to you if you like.

HOF Auto Rookies 06-15-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1146461)
T206??? or do you mean T205? I have a pretty cool T205 one I made up, maybe it can help you. I can email it to you if you like.

Errr sorry, T205 lol, so used to seeing all this T206 stuff :eek:

Yes please do, I'll PM you

EvilKing00 06-15-2013 08:26 AM

sent! have fun!

HOF Auto Rookies 06-15-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1146474)
sent! have fun!

Thank you!