Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   My last post (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175660)

travrosty 09-11-2013 02:06 PM

My last post

I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

a few here have doubted her sincerity, even though they have.

1. never talked to her.

2. never communicated in any way with her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.

gnaz01 09-11-2013 02:07 PM

Thank goodness!!!

39special 09-11-2013 02:10 PM

If you would have answered the question Chris asked you,none of this would have happened.

shelly 09-11-2013 02:12 PM

I am sure you will be missed (not). You are still a coward who used your wife to try and get our sympathy.
I said before I like your wife and what she is doing. I just dont understand how she can stand you your and friends.
You have been on this site for years and never mentioned a women untill you brought up your wife. No one dislikes Asian people on this site except you. The way you treat your wife is discusting.

Sean1125 09-11-2013 02:32 PM

Bye.

barrysloate 09-11-2013 02:44 PM

Could you at least answer Chris's question before you go?

Deertick 09-11-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1183448)

LOL! You're KILLING me! :D :D :D

Runscott 09-11-2013 03:27 PM

I have never met anyone on the internet who announced their departure, who didn't reappear. This is my last post as well :)

barrysloate 09-11-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1183475)
I have never met anyone on the internet who announced their departure, who didn't reappear. This is my last post as well :)

It's Scott's last post until he finishes his beer.:)

D.P.Johnson 09-11-2013 03:30 PM

I'm leaving the board too.
Gonna go make myself a ham sandwich; be back in 20 minutes...

Runscott 09-11-2013 03:35 PM

Okay, just one more and then I'm really gone.

I am amazed that someone who has a passion for autograph-collecting has let his enemies (PSA and JSA) ruin his enjoyment of his favorite hobby. The proof that he's beyond getting over it and ever having fun, is that he's leaving the one place where the most people who agree with him reside. It's baffling. If I really, really hated someone/something, the last thing I would let them do is make me miserable :confused:

I just hope that when Travis reappears here, that he has used his off-time to develop the understanding that discussion forums aren't just places to state opinions, and that you have to actually discuss things and take into consideration your audience (the rest of the forum members);i.e-if they all are disgusted with your methods of participating, you really have to change those methods or they will all start asking you questions (the cruelest form of internet torture).

joed25 09-11-2013 03:54 PM

Good riddance. That guy was so damn annoying with his long nonsense posts that PSA doesn't add any value on the open market. Also claims to be a boxing expert but can't give any advice when someone posts a picture of an Ali auto. He won't be missed.

mr2686 09-11-2013 04:08 PM

What's the over/under on him posting again?

7nohitter 09-11-2013 04:09 PM

See ya, rube!

Big Dave 09-11-2013 04:31 PM

Just don't know what these people will talk about with you gone.

frankbmd 09-11-2013 04:39 PM

Breaking News

Adrian's membership at Autograph Planet was just approved.:eek:

Fuddjcal 09-11-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joed25 (Post 1183505)
Good riddance. That guy was so damn annoying with his long nonsense posts that PSA doesn't add any value on the open market. Also claims to be a boxing expert but can't give any advice when someone posts a picture of an Ali auto. He won't be missed.

so true...bye, bye big, fat, hard head...and that's coming from someone who mostly agrees with the imbecile. So glad I won't have to comment on this numskulls shenanigans going forward.

HOF Auto Rookies 09-11-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1183541)
Adrian's membership at Autograph Planet was just approved.:eek:

LOL, been waiting for the Adrian reference :)

thetruthisoutthere 09-11-2013 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Travis, please don't leave me behind............."

Attachment 113921

thetruthisoutthere 09-11-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1183422)
I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

1. never talked to her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.

So, Travis, it's okay for you to criticize or comment on the "owner" of Net54 (Leon).

And it's okay for you to criticize or comment on the "owner" of AML (Steve Crykin).

But the "owner (Nora Roste)" of AutographPlanet is off-limits?

Really?

And where has anyone criticized the owner of AutographPlanet?

HOF Auto Rookies 09-11-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1183606)
So, Travis, it's okay for you to criticize or comment the "owner" of Net54 (Leon).

And it's okay for you to criticize or comment the "owner" of AML (Steve Crykin).

But the "owner (Nora Roste)" of AutographPlanet is off-limits?

Really?

And where has anyone criticized the owner of AutographPlanet?

+1. Apparently, personal shots are off limits when it comes to him, but outside he/family/friend they are off limits

thetruthisoutthere 09-11-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

That is funny!!!

mighty bombjack 09-11-2013 07:38 PM

See you soon. I, like others, would wager that you won't be gone long.

In the meantime, the board will be slightly less interesting but measurably less frustrating.

frankbmd 09-11-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Let's keep the chatter down. Travis is currently working on a clear, unambiguous, well thought out answer to the difficult question posed by Chris originally. Before posting he will spellcheck and carefully review the grammar, syntax and punctuation of his answer. I'm quite sure that when posted, everyone here will be satisifed and all will be forgiven by parties on both sides of this trivial misunderstanding that has consumed much of our energy these past few days. Shhhhhhh.......Travis is still thinking.

shelly 09-11-2013 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"'Good Night Mrs. Galabash where ever you are", same goes for you Travis.

Attachment 113937.

thetruthisoutthere 09-11-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1183422)

1. never talked to her.

3. dont know her.

I hope you stick to your word, Travis.

For your sake I hope so.

sago 09-11-2013 08:52 PM

Travis,
Was it something you said?

Rich Klein 09-11-2013 09:26 PM

Now when I'm bored at work (and it can be slow), where am I going to go for entertainement.

drmondobueno 09-11-2013 09:35 PM

I am sure your spouse is a fine person and has done well to have a better life. But YOU are a d*ck. Answer the question.

Keith Temple

Ah well, there goes my potential membashipp to Autographplanet, or something like that.

RCMcKenzie 09-11-2013 09:52 PM

Before you go...

Travis,

Before you go, thumbs up or down on this Zivic?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3690/9...5a977267_z.jpg

Rich Klein 09-13-2013 04:19 AM

Traivs

All you had to do wias answer Chris's question, and the answer could have been, as an administrator, we did not like your posts on Net 54 and we would prefer you not be part of Autograph Planet. Honest, to the point, and this issue goes away. Instead, we get an insane thread (one of the best in Net 54 history) and you end up leaving. You could be a great asset to Net 54, but some simple answers to questions would be great

Rich

Exhibitman 09-13-2013 08:28 AM

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...ns/wellbye.jpg

Curly Bill: Well... bye.
Johnny Ringo: Smell that, Bill? Smells like someone died.