Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   1952 Topps High Numbers Commons mid grade (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=197840)

1963Topps Set 12-03-2014 06:41 PM

1952 Topps High Numbers Commons mid grade

Does anyone have any available at reasonable prices.

I can provide a list of what I already have if needed.

Thanks...

1952boyntoncollector 12-03-2014 07:03 PM

1952 topps

i notice lots of 1952 topps psa 4 and 5 commons on ebay very reasonably priced..

1963Topps Set 12-03-2014 07:10 PM

Where? All I see are active auctions. Yes, the starting prices are "reasonable" but not the end prices, especially after getting sniped out auction after auction and only putting extra money in the dealers pockets. Show me any set sale listings, and I'll be glad to consider it. I almost forgot, what do you consider "reasonable"?

1952boyntoncollector 12-03-2014 07:15 PM

reasonable is market price

wouldnt reasonable be market price....whats not reasonable is when theres a set price that the card would never sell for at auction..

remember there is no buyers premium on ebay so when winning an auction which is another advange.......yes sometimes cards go for unusually high amounts but week after week there should be market price winning bids that are in your price wage..if you cant win a card month after month you may not be bidding a 'reasonable' market price..

1963Topps Set 12-03-2014 07:46 PM

I have always been under the belief that a card (or anything else for that matter) is worth what the person is willing to pay. I have built up my entire collection with this reasoning...

Active auctions do not generally benefit the collector when there are dealers who are looking to flip the cards for unrealistic prices. (See separate posting regarding ripped 1952 Mays for example) Set sales at least gives a more level playing field. With 1952 Topps high numbers, this doesn't seem to be case.

1952boyntoncollector 12-03-2014 08:00 PM

not sure what you mean

fixed sales may make dealers ask for unrealistic prices

but an auction (i was assuming a no reserve auction) should reflect market price and a reasonable price especially over months and months..got to be a least a few auctions in the reasonable range

Peter_Spaeth 12-03-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1350794)
wouldnt reasonable be market price....whats not reasonable is when theres a set price that the card would never sell for at auction..

remember there is no buyers premium on ebay so when winning an auction which is another advange.......yes sometimes cards go for unusually high amounts but week after week there should be market price winning bids that are in your price wage..if you cant win a card month after month you may not be bidding a 'reasonable' market price..

Why don't people understand that a buyer's premium only matters to a consignor? This has been explained a hundred times if it isn't self-evident.

Republicaninmass 12-03-2014 08:39 PM

If and when the do come up for an auction, there will be some stiff competition.

cammb 12-04-2014 06:37 AM

The only way to pick up decent 52 topps high numbers is through auction, not bin. The BINs on ebay are outrageously priced.

autograf 12-04-2014 06:47 AM

I use the Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" method on snipes for these type items. If you're willing to pay $150 for a PSA4-5 high number, you set it at that and let it roll. I get VERY few as there are apparently people more willing than me to pay much higher prices. I picked up an ungraded VGEX to EX Nuxhall the other day with great centering and fantastic color that way. Problem is, with 1952 highs, they've been going UP UP UP lately. You can try Joes Vintage Sports Auctions as he has some singles in most of his twice monthly auctions. They generally hit the market rates too though. Ultimately, you become part of the problem, or you don't get the cards you need. Not many bargains out there on centered 1952 high number cards.

1963Topps Set 12-04-2014 12:30 PM

No.. Keeping a realistic mind that I will probably never complete the high number run, there is no rush. I can find them at shows where everything is set sale!