Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   1980 & Newer Sports Cards B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   1979 Wayne Gretzky RC PSA 8 OC -- SOLD (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202030)

botport 02-21-2015 04:46 PM

1979 Wayne Gretzky RC PSA 8 OC -- SOLD

1 Attachment(s)
SOLD

Check or Money Order only please.
References available.

A recent sale of PSA 8 OC for $390...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-80-Topp...item5670a34043

Thanks,
Frank

NOTE: This is a TOPPS Gretzky... PSA messed up it's not OPC

bobbyw8469 02-22-2015 07:04 AM

Frank...I am interested in the card, but I have to ask since the label doesn't match the card. Can you provide a scan against a black background so I can see what the sides of the case looks like?

botport 02-22-2015 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Black background scan....

botport 02-27-2015 05:40 AM

price reduced

299.99 .... (its a Gretzky thing)
DLVD with tracking incuded

botport 03-06-2015 01:34 PM

bump

still a good deal....

Eric72 03-06-2015 04:47 PM

What's your return policy?

botport 03-07-2015 05:35 PM

Returns

What are your concerns Eric ?
I aim for total customer satisfaction as a rule so send me a pm if I can answer any questions for you.

Eric72 03-07-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botport (Post 1388222)
What are your concerns Eric ?
I aim for total customer satisfaction as a rule so send me a pm if I can answer any questions for you.

Hi Frank,

If I have any further questions, I will send you a PM. With regard to answering your question to me, my concerns are as follows:

1. Scans are a bit blurry
2. The flip and card do not match
3. Inability to fund the purchase through regular PayPal

One of these three would lead me to look a bit deeper before making a purchase. Any two of them, together, would cause me to thoroughly research a potential transaction before pulling the trigger.

Since all three are in play, I would want assurances that the item being considered could be returned for a full refund.

Don't get me wrong. I am genuinely interested in the card. However, without knowing your return policy, which you did not provide after it was requested, I am hesitant to send a $300 check (with my bank account number) or money order (negotiable instrument payable to the bearer) to you.

If you wish to discuss this further, please respond here within this thread. Otherwise, I respectfully decline to purchase the Gretzky.

Best regards,

Eric

botport 03-07-2015 10:19 PM

Eric

Thanks for your interest. I admit your question caught me a little off guard because I have never been asked about a return on a graded card but have granted returns for various reasons on ungraded cards. So, since I never had a policy on returning graded items I tried to answer in a way that would make you or another prospective buyer at ease because I do want complete customer satisfaction. In an attempt to address your outlined concerns:

1) If you would like additional scans or pictures, simply ask. When an earlier post requested a black background scan it was provided.

2) The flip doesn't match. This bothers me as well, however as I believe you would agree as I know you follow T cards this is a fairly common occurrence.

3) I don't accept paypal. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have not accepted that form of payment since they got in bed with ebay many years ago. I understand if they offer some buyer protection that reassures you and I regret the lack of your preferred payment option.

In addition, I would be happy to provide references. I have successfully concluded multiple transactions here on the BST.

Lastly, I have seen you around here enough that I have no concerns that you are up to something nefarious. Ill provide a full refund minus my expenses for shipping, tracking and insurance if the card is returned for any reason in its current condition within two weeks of you receiving it.

Respectfully,

Frank

Eric72 03-07-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botport (Post 1388314)
Thanks for your interest. I admit your question caught me a little off guard because I have never been asked about a return on a graded card but have granted returns for various reasons on ungraded cards. So, since I never had a policy on returning graded items I tried to answer in a way that would make you or another prospective buyer at ease because I do want complete customer satisfaction. In an attempt to address your outlined concerns:

1) If you would like additional scans or pictures, simply ask. When an earlier post requested a black background scan it was provided.

2) The flip doesn't match. This bothers me as well, however as I believe you would agree as I know you follow T cards this is a fairly common occurrence.

3) I don't accept paypal. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have not accepted that form of payment since they got in bed with ebay many years ago. I understand if they offer some buyer protection that reassures you and I regret the lack of your preferred payment option.

In addition, I would be happy to provide references. I have successfully concluded multiple transactions here on the BST.

Lastly, I have seen you around here enough that I have no concerns that you are up to something nefarious. Ill provide a full refund minus my expenses for shipping, tracking and insurance if the card is returned for any reason in its current condition within two weeks of you receiving it.

Respectfully,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Consider the Gretzky sold. Please let me know where to send a US Postal Money Order.

Best regards,

Eric

freakhappy 03-08-2015 12:01 AM

Nice pickup, Eric...beautiful front image imo :)

bobbyw8469 03-08-2015 06:01 AM

Good job. The non matching flip was a deal for me as well, but the card doesn't appear to have been compromised. PSA will easily fix the label for free.

Eric72 03-12-2015 07:15 PM

Frank,

The check was sent, via USPS, two days ago. Please confirm receipt.

Best regards,

Eric

botport 03-12-2015 07:47 PM

re- payment

Eric-

Will do. My only day off work right now is Monday... I will try to skip out of work tomorrow (Fri) to check my po box...

I have your card packaged and ready to ship... I will keep you updated ...

Frank

Eric72 05-04-2015 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Count me amongst Frank's satisfied customers. The re-holdered card arrived from PSA today. :)