Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ted Williams: early auto or early clubhouse (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202716)

yanks12025 03-07-2015 11:35 AM

Ted Williams: early auto or early clubhouse

1 Attachment(s)
1940/41. I showed a forum member awhile ago, they said it look good and it looks good compared to other early ones. But showed it to Hunts and their auto guy said clubhouse. Any other thoughts???

shelly 03-07-2015 02:21 PM

I dont know if it is good or bad to hard to see. If they said no I guess I would go along with that thought. I would not buy something I can not see:cool:

7nohitter 03-07-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1388160)
I dont know if it is good or bad to hard to see. If they said no I guess I would go along with that thought. I would not buy something I can not see:cool:

Agree. There's nothing there to buy. Tons of better examples out there.

yanks12025 03-07-2015 05:06 PM

You guys make it sound like the auto is completely faded, which it is not. Do you really expect a team signed baseball being 70 years old to be in mint condition.

daves_resale_shop 03-07-2015 06:26 PM

williAMS

the enlarged image distorts the signature somewhat and makes it look lighter than it is... (it definitely looks bolder on my IPhone)... Also came across this signature on a 1939 ball that carries a jsa cert... Looks very very similar to me... [IMG]
[/IMG]

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...umLWvC0Wzg.jpg

Runscott 03-08-2015 12:28 PM

My 2 cents: it definitely has strong characteristics of an early Williams. I would guess either it's real or the entire ball is bad, but not clubhouse. It looks too much like an authentic early Williams to be a clubhouse. If it's the darkest, clearest signature on the ball, I would have doubts.

Afterthought: guys like Williams, Mays, Mantles, DiMaggio signed so much stuff after their playing days that I think it's especially cool to go after their earliest signatures. Sometimes you have to settle on a less-desirable example to start, especially on signed baseballs. If it's aesthetically pleasing to you, I don't see any reason not to enjoy it. If it's not quite right for your collection, it can be a good placeholder for months or years.

shelly 03-08-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanks12025 (Post 1388213)
You guys make it sound like the auto is completely faded, which it is not. Do you really expect a team signed baseball being 70 years old to be in mint condition.

No one is saying it has to be mint. I said I could hardly read it. If there is a better picture that shows the signature then I would say buy it. I am only saying from what I can see I would pass.
Scott is correct if you like it buy it.

Runscott 03-08-2015 12:52 PM

My faded 1940 Williams-signed Burke photo is one of my favorite pieces, purchased after Shelly consultation from an antique store :)

yanks12025 03-09-2015 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you guys go. Hopefully this one is a better view. The williams is about average compared to the others. Most autos have good parts and then some parts that show age.

Also I already own this ball. But then hunts is secretarial, so just wanted to get more opinions because I've been selling it as a good Ted Williams for the last month. Thanks

djson1 03-10-2015 07:33 PM

Judging by the "Williams" part, I think it looks good. I can't make out the "Ted" very well, so hard to conclude, but it appears to be good.

I agree with Scott here...it's nice to collect some of these vintage signatures. I personally love going after the vintage Musials, Williams, and DiMaggio's because their post '60s-'70s signatures are relatively common. Plus, there's always that special extra knowing the player signed it during his playing days.

austin316 06-14-2015 04:40 PM

Vintage Red Sox ball

Hello, I'm looking to buy a redsox ball from the 1950s with Ted Williams on it, has to be is nice shape, does anyone know of one for sale?, thankyou

shammus 06-14-2015 06:17 PM

Austin, welcome to the board. In the future, please don't hijack someone else's thread with your own requests for buying or selling. All those types of requests belong in our BST Section, which you can find a link to at the top of the page. Much appreciated....