Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Problems with PSA (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=215315)

RobertC 12-15-2015 02:15 PM

Problems with PSA

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone else been having problems with PSA mislabeling cards. In the last few months, I have had three submissions to PSA with a total of 51 cards. Out of these, 7 were mislabeled. These were obvious mistakes. I got Topps cards labeled as OPC, Topps Milton Bradley labeled as Topps Venezuelan, and a regular round MSA disc labeled as a square proof. I emailed PSA, and they said to return them and they would relabel them in 10 days. Well, its been almost 5 weeks since PSA received them, and nothing yet. I know someone will say that they grade a large amount of cards, but that does not matter. If I send in 1 card or 1,000 I deserve the same quality. I have no problem with the grades the cards received, but I would like the flip to match the card. This is a picture of two postcards that I just got back from PSA/DNA. See the problem?

vintagetoppsguy 12-15-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 1482003)
I have had three submissions to PSA with a total of 51 cards. Out of these, 7 were mislabeled.

Only a 13% error rate. Hey, they're improving. :D

drcy 12-15-2015 02:40 PM

Understandable mistake. Bradley sounds like a Latin surname.

bnorth 12-15-2015 03:35 PM

You need to put them on eBay as RARE PSA ERROR and don't forget to add eBay 1/1 in the description.:D;) On a serious note I hope they get them fixed and back to you soon.

As part of a trade with a fellow member I got a cool(to me) SGC flip error. The card is a 57 Topps Ted Williams and they accidently listed the year as 1959.

sbfinley 12-15-2015 05:31 PM

Call them about the wait time and you'll probably get moved to the front of the line, that being said mech errors is a huge problem with the company that they need to address.

Rookiemonster 12-15-2015 06:23 PM

I wanted to start a thread on this to

Not the same problem but PSA dropped the ball . I summited a few cards .
Modern 1991 stadium club Brett favre whitch came back fine . And a 1989
Ken Griffey Jr. Fleer glossy . (It came back a 9 but looks better then most 10s) now if you know this card it has a ton of issues and a 10 is close to 2000 and a9 is like 175 . So on close inspection of the card I seen little plastic particles SEALED IN WITH THE CARD . I spoke to PSA and they said send it back and
They would reholder it .
So I did , it came back within the time they said it would but....
The plastic pieces were still in it ! So after calling and complaining
They said send it back again ha hahahah . They also said I would get two free grades and reimbursement for shipping it has been over a year and I still
Have not sent it back .

swarmee 12-15-2015 07:46 PM

These are some reasons why I have my credit card email me when my card has been charged at PSA. I inspect the popped grades, and immediately have them hold shipment for mechanical errors. It slows me from getting my cards, but at least they're right when they get here.

RobertC 12-18-2015 01:47 PM

update

PSA finally shipped out my cards, but I'm still not too happy. First, I lost the Topps Milton Bradley checklist - it's now a Topps. I originally sent in Topps, OPC, Topps Venezuelan, and Topps Milton Bradley examples of the checklist, and it was easy to compare the backs, but I was expecting this after an email I received. The big problem is that out of the 6 cards I returned, with detailed pictures and explanations, 1 is still labeled WRONG. How hard is it to tell Topps from OPC? One says "printed in USA" and one says "printed in Canada". I originally bought the PSA membership to get a bunch of coins and pins graded, and I had been sending cards in when PSA had really good specials. Looks like I'm going to be using SGC a lot more in 2016 (about 3/4 of my collection is in SGC slabs).