Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Looking for great-great grandfathers T210 card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=218760)

GN3 02-26-2016 12:45 PM

Looking for great-great grandfathers T210 card

Hey guys, at the advice and urging of some fellow posters I have edited my original post to better explain what and why I'm looking. I am looking for my great great grandfathers T210 card. It is the 1910 series 3 #213 Hub Northen Houston Buffaloes card. My dad and I have been able to collect quite a few of the T207s but have never been able to get lucky on a t210. If anybody has a lead on one I would appreciate any and all advice. Also thru my original post someone said that they thought he was also in another obscure card set but couldn't remember for sure. Thru all of my research I had only been able to find evidence of him having just the t210 and t207 cards. If anyone has heard of another please shoot me some information on this. Sorry for the long winded post, appreciate all the help y'all have given me thus far!

jburl 02-26-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN3 (Post 1508721)
Hey guys new to the board, I am looking for a specific 1910 T210 Series 3 card and looking for some guidance on where to look to buy it other than just aimlessly scouring ebay and hoping to get lucky. Thanks ahead for any help!

Right here is a good place to start. Post what you need and what condition you are looking for, and I am someone on the board may have it.

Justin (Burl) Burleson

GN3 02-26-2016 01:11 PM

I am looking for a Hub Northen Houston Buffaloes #213. I am open to looking at all condition types. Thanks!

Jason 02-26-2016 01:24 PM

Northern is a tough card. It has alot of things going for it. It has a red and a printing error orange version. Very tough to find in either color. Plus its a portrait card. I dont have any duplicates and I know its not on eBay at the current moment. Hopefully another Red Border collector can steer you in the right direction. Good luck I will keep an eye out for you.

GN3 02-29-2016 10:54 AM

Hey guys, at the advice and urging of some fellow posters I have edited my original post to better explain what and why I'm looking. I am looking for my great great grandfathers T210 card. It is the 1910 series 3 #213 Hub Northen Houston Buffaloes card. My dad and I have been able to collect quite a few of the T207s but have never been able to get lucky on a t210. If anybody has a lead on one I would appreciate any and all advice. Also thru my original post someone said that they thought he was also in another obscure card set but couldn't remember for sure. Thru all of my research I had only been able to find evidence of him having just the t210 and t207 cards. If anyone has heard of another please shoot me some information on this. Sorry for the long winded post, appreciate all the help y'all have given me thus far!

ErikV 02-29-2016 08:01 PM

Re: Looking for great-great grandfathers T210 card

Pretty cool that you had a relative play professional ball. I had a granduncle who
played in the minor leagues for the Kansas Ciry A's back in the early '60s. He
never made it to the big leagues and no card was ever produced of him.

In terms of your grandfather's cards, besides the T207 and T210 the only other
card I could find of him was this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Dodgers...707?rmvSB=true

If I ever run across an image of the T210 card I'll be sure to post it here.

ErikV

epike3 02-29-2016 09:00 PM

good luck! sounds like a fun quest/

pow323 02-29-2016 09:35 PM

Hub

According to the Beckett Card Alphabetical Checklist he only has two cards. T-207 and 90Target-1144.

John V 03-01-2016 04:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
T210 (Google image)

DixieBaseball 03-03-2016 02:14 PM

Hub Northern

I believe there will be a Hub Northern in the upcoming REA Spring Auction, but it may be in set form.

You came to the right place as I am sure if and when a Northern Series 3 is spotted, we will get you connected.

The Net 54 community has helped me many of times.

GN3 03-03-2016 02:30 PM

Thanks for all the advice and help. I wish that I was in a position to purchase the entire set, but unfortunately just not there at this time. Thanks to everyone for the messages and guidance so far, let me know if anyone has one they are ready to sell!

Also, a few people have mentioned that the card may also have a red variation as well as the orange one. I have seen photos and information of the orange one but didn't realize there was also possibly a red variation? Does anyone have any info on this?

DixieBaseball 03-03-2016 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GN3 (Post 1511212)
Thanks for all the advice and help. I wish that I was in a position to purchase the entire set, but unfortunately just not there at this time. Thanks to everyone for the messages and guidance so far, let me know if anyone has one they are ready to sell!

Also, a few people have mentioned that the card may also have a red variation as well as the orange one. I have seen photos and information of the orange one but didn't realize there was also possibly a red variation? Does anyone have any info on this?

I have owned these 2 examples (No longer own them) - The Orange is the printing error version. The red is the intended version. Both are scarce to rare cards.