Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Another Garbage Seller Allowed To Continue On Ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226974)

btcarfagno 08-16-2016 07:31 AM

Another Garbage Seller Allowed To Continue On Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/daysportspic...p2046732.m1684

I know those who peruse Ebay consistently could flood this area with seller after seller of bad items. I generally don't buy much there, and it infuriates me to see stuff like this and the prior thread with all of the CC garbage. The fact that these crooks can make a living at this is insane and Ebay is 100% complicit in aiding the illegal activity.

Tom C

RichardSimon 08-16-2016 07:52 AM

BT, though this seller has not stated so in his ad, they are simply decorative items. :D
And those words "decorative item" come straight from Florida.

Fuddjcal 08-16-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1572768)
BT, though this seller has not stated so in his ad, they are simply decorative items. :D
And those words "decorative item" come straight from Florida.

If I felt something hot, was sitting on the pot and fling-ed it on my walls....it would be more decorative than this slop.

GrayGhost 08-16-2016 03:12 PM

I just looked at a couple. AWFUL. the garbage continues to overflow

thetruthisoutthere 08-16-2016 06:08 PM

Ebay Seller Daysportspic Mantle Forged Photo

Ebay seller Daysportspic is one (or they all could be one person) numerous sellers out of Florida who sell that crap..

They all use the same listing format and spew out the same "Forensic" garbage.

Read the below auction listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantl...oAAOSw6n5Xq7ld

RichardSimon 08-16-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1573011)
Ebay seller Daysportspic is one (or they all could be one person) numerous sellers out of Florida who sell that crap..

They all use the same listing format and spew out the same "Forensic" garbage.

Read the below auction listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantl...oAAOSw6n5Xq7ld

Funny how the forensics in the hobby are looked at with some disdain and skepticism and the only ones using them now are sellers with "decorative" items.

thetruthisoutthere 08-16-2016 07:57 PM

Ebay seller Sportsology2016 Mantle Forgery

This is another seller (EBay seller Sportsology2016) from the same location.

There are anywhere between 15-20 sellers on Ebay selling this crap.

They could be a ring or one person.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ted-Williams...MAAOSwawpXsnpp

Fuddjcal 08-17-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1573057)
This is another seller (EBay seller Sportsology2016) from the same location.

There are anywhere between 15-20 sellers on Ebay selling this crap.

They could be a ring or one person.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ted-Williams...MAAOSwawpXsnpp

also, when you see the word 'CERTIFIED" run away like rabbit with thorn in paw....CERTIFIED = FAKE PERIOD. GET IT, GOT IT, GOOD! That's the lesson for today for all the complete Nincompoops that are buying this decorative trash.

Mr. Zipper 08-17-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1573016)
Funny how the forensics in the hobby are looked at with some disdain and skepticism and the only ones using them now are sellers with "decorative" items.

Speaking of decorative items, do you think they will authenticate my drapes? The giant silver hologram may make a nice accent in my living room.

:p

thetruthisoutthere 08-17-2016 08:41 PM

Ebay seller Stevew6 Forged Mantle Photo

1 Attachment(s)
Ebay seller Stevew6 is also a seller of "Florida" forgeries.

He's been selling GFA-certed forgeries for a few years.

He is part of that group in Florida.

Observe that Ebay sellers of GFA-certed forgeries show that partial PSA cert with Rocchi's name on it.

Here is the full cert. Rocchi's name was only on "In The Presence" certs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-Mays-...cAAOSwU-pXsNlY

Attachment 241702

RichardSimon 08-18-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1573557)
Ebay seller Stevew6 is also a seller of "Florida" forgeries.

He's been selling GFA-certed forgeries for a few years.

He is part of that group in Florida.

Observe that Ebay sellers of GFA-certed forgeries show that partial PSA cert with Rocchi's name on it.

Here is the full cert. Rocchi's name was only on "In The Presence" certs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-Mays-...cAAOSwU-pXsNlY

Attachment 241702

And Steve Rocchi, when he was with PSA, made a deal with B&J to cert Joe DiMaggio in person autographs that were definitely not in person and definitely bogus.

thetruthisoutthere 08-18-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1573673)
And Steve Rocchi, when he was with PSA, made a deal with B&J to cert Joe DiMaggio in person autographs that were definitely not in person and definitely bogus.

Absolutely.

Fuddjcal 08-21-2016 12:19 PM

This is just grotesque on so many levels.:eek: This portion of the scammers ad needs to be saved and posted here. Here the real truth moron... CERTIFIED = FORGERY PERIOD

Willie Mays / Stan Musial Autographed 8x10 Photo...... "Great Condition " Certified GFA. Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators

Great Condition

Supreme Court Delivers Blow
To Autograph Authentication!

High Court ruling sides with Forensic Document Examiners as Experts rather than practical experience.

(March 23, 1999: Gumbo Tire Co. v. Carmichael) The U.S. Supreme Court by an 8-1 ruling told federal trial judges to screen out dubious testimony by self-proclaimed experts when opinions are not based in science. The ruling extends to all manners of individuals such as engineers, psychologists, accountants or handwriting analysts. Before they are permitted to testify to juries, stated examiners must show that their opinions are based on "scientific principals,"
and not just a hunch based on self-described practical experience.
The high court has shown a skepticism toward hired self-proclaimed experts. Six years ago, the Supreme Court said that lower courts should act as "gatekeepers" and to carefully examine testimony by these applicants. Judges should look beyond advertised qualifications and examine the basis of their conclusions on facts.

What does this mean to the industry?
The decision delivers a major blow to the autograph industry. For years, dealers have served as their own authenticators relying on their stated experience to render an autograph authentic or not. Their reputation and experience have been readily accepted by collectors, auction houses and other dealers. Unfortunately, their opinions are not based on "scientific methods" and can be very subjective. They do not have a laboratory and have not apprenticed under anyone trained. Many fabricate their credentials and are clearly not Court Qualified and/or Board Certified. Their opinions are based solely on their self proclaimed experience.

What does this mean to the collector?
Simple, if a dealer-authenticated autograph is disputed and taken to court it will not hold up unless the dealer used scientific forensic techniques. Without credentials and facts the dealer will not be allowed to testify because they are not considered experts by the court. You, the collector, will be left hanging. The federal courts will rely on established Court Qualified & Board Certified Forensic Document Examiners as their experts

Stephen Rocchi President Of GFA. Since 1991 Stephen Rocchi former PSA President, and founder was responsible for hiring JSA authenticator Jimmy Spence also a former PSA authenticator. Stephen Rocchi has been instrumental in bringing the three largest authentication companies into the sports world.”

I will leave positive feedback upon receiving payment. This also lets you know I received your payment. When you leave me feedback, I know you received the item and that you are satisfied with it. Thanks. Those who do not send payment within a timely manner after the auction has ended will force me to leave them unfavorable feedback.j

thetruthisoutthere 08-21-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1575057)
This is just grotesque on so many levels.:eek: This portion of the scammers ad needs to be saved and posted here. Here the real truth moron... CERTIFIED = FORGERY PERIOD

Willie Mays / Stan Musial Autographed 8x10 Photo...... "Great Condition " Certified GFA. Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators

Great Condition

Supreme Court Delivers Blow
To Autograph Authentication!

High Court ruling sides with Forensic Document Examiners as Experts rather than practical experience.

(March 23, 1999: Gumbo Tire Co. v. Carmichael) The U.S. Supreme Court by an 8-1 ruling told federal trial judges to screen out dubious testimony by self-proclaimed experts when opinions are not based in science. The ruling extends to all manners of individuals such as engineers, psychologists, accountants or handwriting analysts. Before they are permitted to testify to juries, stated examiners must show that their opinions are based on "scientific principals,"
and not just a hunch based on self-described practical experience.
The high court has shown a skepticism toward hired self-proclaimed experts. Six years ago, the Supreme Court said that lower courts should act as "gatekeepers" and to carefully examine testimony by these applicants. Judges should look beyond advertised qualifications and examine the basis of their conclusions on facts.

What does this mean to the industry?
The decision delivers a major blow to the autograph industry. For years, dealers have served as their own authenticators relying on their stated experience to render an autograph authentic or not. Their reputation and experience have been readily accepted by collectors, auction houses and other dealers. Unfortunately, their opinions are not based on "scientific methods" and can be very subjective. They do not have a laboratory and have not apprenticed under anyone trained. Many fabricate their credentials and are clearly not Court Qualified and/or Board Certified. Their opinions are based solely on their self proclaimed experience.

What does this mean to the collector?
Simple, if a dealer-authenticated autograph is disputed and taken to court it will not hold up unless the dealer used scientific forensic techniques. Without credentials and facts the dealer will not be allowed to testify because they are not considered experts by the court. You, the collector, will be left hanging. The federal courts will rely on established Court Qualified & Board Certified Forensic Document Examiners as their experts

Stephen Rocchi President Of GFA. Since 1991 Stephen Rocchi former PSA President, and founder was responsible for hiring JSA authenticator Jimmy Spence also a former PSA authenticator. Stephen Rocchi has been instrumental in bringing the three largest authentication companies into the sports world.”

I will leave positive feedback upon receiving payment. This also lets you know I received your payment. When you leave me feedback, I know you received the item and that you are satisfied with it. Thanks. Those who do not send payment within a timely manner after the auction has ended will force me to leave them unfavorable feedback.j

The "Florida" sellers of GFA -certed (Stephen Rocchi) forgeries spew all kinds of BS to convince the delusional of Ebay to buy their crap.