Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Packages from UK (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=230902)

Cozumeleno 11-07-2016 09:17 AM

Packages from UK

Ordered a bunch of cigarette cards from the UK lately, including some Churchman "Babe Ruth" cards, and am anxious for their arrival. Estimated shipping times I've seen all all over the map, though.

eBay is telling me roughly 3-4 weeks on packages being shipped via Royal International Standard delivery. But this site says it's closer to only one week.

Can anyone who has received packages from the UK weigh in on what to expect? Thanks for any help you might have.

david_l 11-07-2016 09:24 AM

it usually takes me 7-10 days to get a package from the uk. It kind of depends on how the package was sent but I think that's pretty standard. If there's a large monetary value it may take a bit longer to get through customs.

autograf 11-07-2016 09:31 AM

I'd agree on the 7-10 days from the UK pretty much. Sometimes 14. Seems like anything I get from the UK comes in on Monday or Tuesday. Like they've saved up stuff from the week before and using the weekend to get it to the states maybe. Also agree that anything that's pricier will take a little longer usually. I think the 3-4 weeks is probably the disclaimer note to keep the majority of people from getting to antsy about the whole thing. Usually get great service from UK shippers. They've been in the card business for a LONG time.

D. Bergin 11-07-2016 09:32 AM

It could take a week, it could take a month or more if it's a larger package.

Years ago I had a large order with The London Cigarette Card Company. They were about to issue me a refund at about 2 months in, when it finally showed up at my door.

Cozumeleno 11-07-2016 09:56 AM

Thanks, guys - much appreciated. I have mostly smaller packages coming - one is a little bigger since it was a collection.

Tom - yes, the service seems excellent. Most of the buyers emailed separately after winning their auctions and have been extremely friendly. Looking forward to getting everything.

drcy 11-07-2016 11:56 AM

Over the years, I've bought and sold to England and never had an issue.

trdcrdkid 11-07-2016 12:01 PM

7-10 days is a good estimate, but sometimes it can take much longer for no apparent reason. I recently had a package from the UK (regular-size padded envelope) take over a month to reach me, causing no little knashing of teeth when the seller and I feared that it was lost, but a few weeks before that I had one take about a week.

Leon 11-13-2016 01:40 PM

Only an estimate but my few items received from there, over the years, seems to have been in that range..(3-4 weeks)

But this site says it's closer to only one week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozumeleno (Post 1600293)
Ordered a bunch of cigarette cards from the UK lately, including some Churchman "Babe Ruth" cards, and am anxious for their arrival. Estimated shipping times I've seen all all over the map, though.

But this site says it's closer to only one week.

eBay is telling me roughly 3-4 weeks on packages being shipped via Royal International Standard delivery. But this site says it's closer to only one week.

Can anyone who has received packages from the UK weigh in on what to expect? Thanks for any help you might have.

Cozumeleno 11-13-2016 09:43 PM

Thanks, guys - true to your guesses (and for future reference for others that find this thread), I began receiving the first packages at exactly one week. A few more showed up after 8-9 days. Have one at 11 days but should be here soon, I imagine.