Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Last night at PAL Parsippany... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237892)

Timbegs 04-05-2017 04:54 AM

Last night at PAL Parsippany...

...was supposed to be a go for me but something came up. How was the show? Anyone go and can offer some highlights?

braves_43 04-05-2017 06:39 AM

I made the trek there from PA yesterday because I needed to get a bunch of signed baseballs authenticated and I saw that Mike Root's new company CAS was going to be doing on-site authentication. I wanted to use them because their authentication prices are half of what the other companies charge and I am familiar with him from his days with SGC. The show was very small, but I am used to the Valley Forge show and have never really attended a smaller show. It was fine with me though because it made it less crowded and it allowed me to talk to Mr. Root for quite some time and get to know him, his career, and his new business before he got to work on my submission. My buddy and fellow board member Scott Russell (Aquarian Sports Cards) was set-up there and I raided his bargain bins as usual and he gave me a great deal on about 30 graded 1953 Topps cards. There was another dealer there I spent some time at, he was very personable and he was telling me about a massive card purchase he just made and how the cards he had displayed at the show weren't even a dent in what he purchased. I bought some stuff from him. Other than that, there weren't any other tables that had anything that interested me, mostly shiny modern stuff or out-of-my-price-range high-end material. Looked like the majority of customers were older, probably retired guys, but I did see a few guys there with their sons. It was definitely worth the trip for me as all my signed baseballs came back authentic and I purchased some new card inventory. I probably won't make anymore trips unless I absolutely need to as it is about a 2 hour drive for me, if it was closer to home I'd definitely go again.

Timbegs 04-05-2017 07:08 AM

That's great. Glad the autos worked out. I know it's a great show as I have heard nothing but good things. I will make sure I start going with regularity. I have NO excuse; its only 20 minutes away...

braves_43 04-05-2017 07:35 AM

Yes, it was a cool little show, too bad I live so far away now. I was born and raised in Bergen County so I am familiar with the area.

NC-Vintage 04-05-2017 09:25 AM

Thank You for coming to the show! Just a little more info. on the show. We have been averaging 32-36 tables for each show, last nights show was a bit of an anomaly as a few of our
regular vintage card dealers were unable to attend due to scheduling conflicts. They will all be back next month. So you can count on at least 7 more tables of very solid vintage material.

Also,Next month we are starting the card auction as an add on to the show. Birmingham Auctions (Dave Birmingham and Scott Russell) will be running a live auction starting at 7pm as the card show
is winding down. So the card show runs from 3:30 to 7:30 and the auction will begin at 7:00pm ( previews start at 5:30) they plan on having 100-120 lots
for the first auction. The show and auction are always the first Tuesday of the month which is May 2nd for next month.

I believe they have 66 items already cataloged for the May auction. More information regarding the auction can be found at: http://birminghamauctioneers.com/

And information regarding the show can be found at : www.palcardshow.com

Thank You

Joe Drelich

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-05-2017 07:57 PM

Don't underestimate the importance of great customers like Deron and Steve Napolitano (where have you been the last two months Steve?) It's an equation that works both ways. Obviously customers want good material, but guys with good material want good customers! It's the symbiosis of the two groups that makes a great show. Dave and I are extremely excited to be starting a monthly auction there in addition to our usual Hershey auction. We're hoping to make a lot of new friends/customers of the live auction format. If you've never done a live auction now's your chance to come check one out in a fun relaxed atmosphere. We will also be accepting a limited number of items AT THE SHOW for sale that night at only $3 Seller's commission no matter what the item sells for! Obviously these items won't be catalogued and they will be at the end of the sale, but we hope this service will generate a little excitement as well!

Snapolit1 04-05-2017 08:11 PM

Will make the next one! This one snuck up on me and just missed the date. Put me down for May.