Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Looking for some help! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238752)

Mustang1 04-24-2017 11:36 AM

Looking for some help!

7 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am seeking some help from the experts. I came across a baseball that belonged to my grandfather who lived in Long Island. When he was a kid he carried this ball to the games and got atleast 7 signatures. Here's what I have so far.

Babe Ruth
Joe DiMaggio
Lou Gehrig
Dizzy Dean
Jimmie Foxx
Ken Holloway?

Then there is a signature that looks like Allie May? Could it be Alllie May Schmidt? and lastly theres a signature that I cannot read in between Foxx and Allie. My questions are this,

1. am I correct on the signature?
2. I Authenticated what would be the value of this ball?

I know its rare to have DiMaggio, Ruth and Gehrig on the same ball being they played at different times, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Michael B 04-24-2017 12:51 PM

I am not as well versed as many of the others on this forum, but those are not genuine signatures. The "Lou Gehrig' written on the sweet spot looks like it was written by a little kid.

Mustang1 04-24-2017 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure. However I did find another ball to look at signature. The "G" at end of name looks similar.

khkco4bls 04-24-2017 01:58 PM

You are not actually serious about this are you. please

Bpm0014 04-24-2017 02:30 PM

He cannot be serious. But if he is..... No, none of those signatures are genuine, and all were done in the same hand.

ooo-ribay 04-24-2017 06:10 PM

You guys are always hard on the new guys. :p

Snapolit1 04-24-2017 06:48 PM

It's always funny that people post things saying "I have no idea about this. Please help me." And when you tell them it's a horrible fake all of a sudden they start to push back and argue otherwise. Seen it so many times.

Mustang1 04-28-2017 08:17 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the input. We are seeing JSA tomorrow regardless and will post results. As I said I have no idea about this type of stuff and was asking for that reason. So yes I was serious but thanks.

jb217676 04-28-2017 08:45 AM

Save the gas money, travel time, etc, etc... Take it out on the street and play some stick ball with it!

Bpm0014 04-28-2017 09:10 AM

Thanks for the input. We are seeing JSA tomorrow regardless and will post results. As I said I have no idea about this type of stuff and was asking for that reason. So yes I was serious but thanks.

Please do not waste your time. Or money. Every sig is really bad and not even close. You should be able to tell right away that all of the sigs are in the same hand, same size, same flow, same pressure, etc. No need to waste your time. Most of the guys here are better than PSA or JSA anyway. I truly mean that.

jb217676 04-28-2017 09:12 AM

Does the OP think we would have a different answer than Google? Why don't people do a simple search of the internet before asking about obvious fakes like this?

Sladge34 04-28-2017 06:13 PM

I've been on this site for a year now. When I first started I had no idea what I was signing up for. Glad I found this site and autograph live. These guys here take collecting serious and you will be surprised to find out who is on this site. Great knowledge to be obsorbed, just have to keep quiet and listen to what some of these experts have to say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpm0014 (Post 1655476)

Please do not waste your time. Or money. Every sig is really bad and not even close. You should be able to tell right away that all of the sigs are in the same hand, same size, same flow, same pressure, etc. No need to waste your time. Most of the guys here are better than PSA or JSA anyway. I truly mean that.

Klrdds 04-28-2017 06:50 PM

This ball must be a joke .
Don't waste your time or money. This ball is egregiously bad .
PS trust the opinions here more than JSA.

Bcwcardz 04-28-2017 07:09 PM

I usually don't reply on vintage autos because of my lack of knowledge but this is bad. I feel bad if this guy is serious about this. Its as fake as a 3 dollar bill. It looks like a kid wrote their favorite stars on a ball, not the players. I dont think it was done maliciously to deceive.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Stampsfan 05-02-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang1 (Post 1653904)
I came across a baseball that belonged to my grandfather who lived in Long Island. When he was a kid he carried this ball to the games and got at least 7 signatures.

The story could be true, if... His grandfather went to sandlot games and got some kids to write their favorite ballplayers names on the ball.

RichardSimon 05-03-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcwcardz (Post 1655715)
i usually don't reply on vintage autos because of my lack of knowledge but this is bad. I feel bad if this guy is serious about this. Its as fake as a 3 dollar bill. It looks like a kid wrote their favorite stars on a ball, not the players. I dont think it was done maliciously to deceive.

Sent from my sm-t350 using tapatalk

++1
save your money!!!