Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1967 Venezuelan MLB partial set: Need some selling/consigning advice (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240958)

NewEnglandBaseBallist 06-12-2017 11:49 AM

1967 Venezuelan MLB partial set: Need some selling/consigning advice

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right section, if not it can be moved.

I'm thinking about maybe selling or consigning my 1967 Venezuelan MLB partial set, 94/150.The Standard Catalog lists the complete set at $3,600 in VG, which I'm sure is not accurate. (Aaron & Clemente, neither of which I have, are each listed in VG at under $200 each, which is the stuff of dreams). My partial set has the usual condition issues, some are G to VG, with most falling below that. Complete or near complete 1967 sets seem to rarely come up for sale. What does everyone think? Should I consign or sell privately? I know what I put into the set, but what would be a realistic asking price? If you would prefer to PM me about, that's fine. Just looking for advice at this point.

Thanks, Adam

These are the cards I'm missing (56):

Carl Yastrzemski
Paul Blair
Boog Powell
Gary Peters
Bert Campaneris
Norm Cash
Frank Howard
Lew Krausse
Dean Chance
Fred Whitfield
Ken Berry
Don Buford
Denny McLain
Mike Shannon
Curt Flood
Mack Jones
Felipe Alou
Ed Kranepool
Nelson Briles
Vada Pinson
Jim Lefebvre
Hal Lanier
Ron Swoboda
Lou Johnson
Rusty Staub
Willie Davis
Julian Javier
Maury Wills
Gene Alley
Jim Maloney
Jim Davenport
Roger Maris
Deron Johnson
Tommy Davis
Bill McCool
Roy Face
Dick Groat
Vic Davalillo
Don Sutton
Ron Santo
Al Kaline
Frank Robinson
Tony Perez
Hoyt Wilhelm
Bob Gibson
Orlando Cepeda
Ferguson Jenkins
Gaylord Perry
Billy Williams
Willie Mays
Willie Stargell
Ernie Banks
Mickey Mantle
Pete Rose
Roberto Clemente
Hank Aaron

bnorth 06-12-2017 12:02 PM

I would guess listing them on here in the BST section as singles would be your best bet. Then what does not sell move to eBay or put in a lot and take what you can get. Usually selling a partial set or a large lot does not bring the same $ as selling singles. It comes down to how much you value your time.

Do you have the Retirado cards from the set?

NewEnglandBaseBallist 06-12-2017 12:05 PM

Thanks, no Retirados or Winter Leaguers, just the Major Leaguers.

swarmee 06-12-2017 04:34 PM

Www.comc.com if you want to sell individually with the least work on your part.

reddog4063 06-12-2017 09:47 PM

You really should break this set up for maximum return on investment. The set isnt so large that this will be a problem. Trying to sell the entire thing at once will get a lower price that you would have gotten separately and it will have to sit and wait for the right buyer. Consider grading everything with psa or at least just stars and high dollar cards.

Jim65 06-14-2017 04:39 PM

sorry, never mind