Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone here get em? M110 Cobb and Wagner (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251334)

the-illini 02-15-2018 08:40 AM

Anyone here get em? M110 Cobb and Wagner

Seller just ended the listings - had some interesting bidding on them too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-COBB-SPO...p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HANS-WAGNER...gAAOSwAGhagHhX

ullmandds 02-15-2018 08:49 AM

r we sure they are real?

the-illini 02-15-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1748253)
r we sure they are real?

They looked real to me, but that certainly does not make it so... :)

Stonepony 02-15-2018 09:02 AM

Wow!!!

scooter729 02-15-2018 09:15 AM

I was following them - stinks to see they ended. They looked real to me - too bad that auctions with gems like these (assuming they were legit) on eBay can't run through to conclusion!

Bicem 02-15-2018 09:26 AM

Was watching, looked good to me.

Bet someone got a steal.

jp1216 02-15-2018 09:33 AM

Looks like both had retracted bids of nearly $3,000 earlier today. Maybe the seller realized it was wrong to continue the auctions and will relist these later.

joshuanip 02-15-2018 09:36 AM

Odd that whoops they did show the back. Looked real. Wow!!!

Good for the seller to end it. She needs to go to an auction house. Not eBay for rarities like that.

pherbener 02-15-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter729 (Post 1748263)
I was following them - stinks to see they ended. They looked real to me - too bad that auctions with gems like these (assuming they were legit) on eBay can't run through to conclusion!

I agree! So many times I'm following stuff like this and the items disappear.
Someone probably did get a steal!!

Leon 02-15-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicem (Post 1748266)
Was watching, looked good to me.

Bet someone got a steal.

The odds went down just a little when this thread started :eek:.

prewarsports 02-15-2018 09:58 AM

Two days ago a Notre Dame football program set a world record price. It was in rough shape and sold for $14,000... on ebay.

A few weeks ago a Louis Sockalexis team postcard popped up on ebay in a weird category with no mention of the ballplayer and it sold for the same as a highly publicized example from REA.

High end stuff is going to get bids and sell well regardless of the venue. Sometimes on ebay it does better because of the exposure. If he wanted to end it to get it graded then it might have been a good move or relist it with better info, but I think it is incorrect to simply assume stuff sells better at auction houses. I buy things from the big boys every single month that are terribly written up, not researched and lost in the catalogs and sell for a fraction of their true value.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.

BeanTown 02-15-2018 10:12 AM

I messaged the seller yesterday asking them, why both cabinets were not graded and then if they would garuntee it to grade. I looked at the sellers feedback and it was clear they have not done any eBay business involving baseball items. Looks like the seller knew comics. I hope they get graded and then relist to sell, and I hope they didnt take a low ball offer to end the listing as I could see each cabinet bringing in 5 figures on each.

bnorth 02-15-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prewarsports (Post 1748287)
Two days ago a Notre Dame football program set a world record price. It was in rough shape and sold for $14,000... on ebay.

A few weeks ago a Louis Sockalexis team postcard popped up on ebay in a weird category with no mention of the ballplayer and it sold for the same as a highly publicized example from REA.

High end stuff is going to get bids and sell well regardless of the venue. Sometimes on ebay it does better because of the exposure. If he wanted to end it to get it graded then it might have been a good move or relist it with better info, but I think it is incorrect to simply assume stuff sells better at auction houses. I buy things from the big boys every single month that are terribly written up, not researched and lost in the catalogs and sell for a fraction of their true value.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.

Unfortunately that NrMint looking Louis Soxalexis card came back from SGC with a Authentic grade.:(

It would be nice if people would just let an auction run it's course. I can't figure out how a seller thinks a card will sell for more from an offer than just letting it run. My theory is if they will offer that much they will also bid that much.

I have had one of the "sellers" on here cancel my eBay bid to pull the item and sell it to another member on here for less than my bid.:mad:

Leon 02-16-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1748296)
Unfortunately that NrMint looking Louis Soxalexis card came back from SGC with a Authentic grade.:(

It would be nice if people would just let an auction run it's course. I can't figure out how a seller thinks a card will sell for more from an offer than just letting it run. My theory is if they will offer that much they will also bid that much.

I have had one of the "sellers" on here cancel my eBay bid to pull the item and sell it to another member on here for less than my bid.:mad:

I agree that if they will offer however much, then they will probably bid that too. But I can't really fault guys for asking when I have done the same thing. It's just a game and within ebay rules when done correctly.

We very well might see the M110s again. Who knows?

hcv123 02-17-2018 06:09 AM

I have done it....rarely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1748296)

I have bought and sold on ebay for quite a while - I have sometimes tried to negotiate as a buyer an item to end early - sometimes trying to get a great "deal", sometimes just trying to avoid a bidding war that might send the item "higher" than the current market price. I have also been asked to do so as a seller - my general rule - If an item I list has a bid, I will not end it early. If it has no bid and believe I am familiar with the item and being offered at or more than I think the item would sell for, I accept the offer. If I am less or unfamiliar with the item, I usually let it run its course.

BosseFieldBoy 02-17-2018 09:54 AM

I contacted the seller and asked if he had ever submitted the cards for authentication and grading. He responded that he was ending the auction so he could get them graded.

I think this was a seller who wasn’t experienced in selling cards and was surprised to get so many questions about authenticity.

A2000 02-17-2018 10:30 AM

My feelings are, if I can't get the seller to end the auction to me at my low ball price, I at least hope they end the auction and submit it to a TPA and realize it's full value down the road :D

ruth-gehrig 03-20-2018 04:45 PM

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1911-TY-COBB-...app-cvip-panel

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1911-HANS-WAG...app-cvip-panel

Thoughts on these after grading?