Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ebay/paypal customer service (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254620)

Peter_Spaeth 05-04-2018 07:29 PM

ebay/paypal customer service

I have never had to wait more than a minute or two to reach Amazon via chat or phone. I am having a payment issue on ebay trying to use paypal (anyone else, seems like a system problem), ebay wait time is 81 minutes and paypal 42. No chat option that I know of. Callback service not operational.

pokerplyr80 05-04-2018 07:32 PM

I've never had to wait that long for either, but more than a minute or two. I believe they have a call back option at least, so you don't have to sit on hold.

Peter_Spaeth 05-04-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1773360)
I've never had to wait that long for either, but more than a minute or two. I believe they have a call back option at least, so you don't have to sit on hold.

As I said, callback service not operational.

RedsFan1941 05-04-2018 07:37 PM

try calling them at midnight. apparently no one stays up that late.

pokerplyr80 05-04-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1773361)
As I said, callback service not operational.

Guess I should have read the post more carefully. That is unfortunate. Even with that option functional I often elect to place my cell phone on speaker mode if I'm at home or work and set it down next to me.

pokerplyr80 05-04-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1773362)
try calling them at midnight. apparently no one stays up that late.

Nicely done.

savedfrommyspokes 05-04-2018 09:19 PM

I have good luck getting through starting at 8 am est

Tennis13 05-05-2018 09:51 AM

I had issues last night on the 15% off coupon. It felt to me like a systemwide outage as everything but credit card was greyed. Somehow I have ebay conceirge service, and so I had a callback option. But it, too, was 42 minutes to wait, which is fine if they call me.

They took care of it in under 2 minutes once on the phone.

Peter_Spaeth 05-05-2018 09:55 AM

They are almost as bad as Verizon, although no one may top Verizon.

Tennis13 05-05-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1773487)
They are almost as bad as Verizon, although no one may top Verizon.

Car rental companies consistently top my list. If you ever consistently get good service from a car rental company over and over, unemployment rates are unsustainably too high.

Peter_Spaeth 05-05-2018 10:11 AM

The menu tree options on Verizon are infinitely complex, and half the time you just end up with a busy signal and have to dial again. And unlike many menu trees you can't seem to bypass them by just repeating representative or customer service.

Oh and good luck trying to explain a nuanced computer problem to the people at the HP call center for whom English is at best a second language. "Could you please confirm that the computer is plugged in and turned on...."

chalupacollects 05-05-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis13 (Post 1773484)
I had issues last night on the 15% off coupon. It felt to me like a systemwide outage as everything but credit card was greyed. Somehow I have ebay conceirge service, and so I had a callback option. But it, too, was 42 minutes to wait, which is fine if they call me.

They took care of it in under 2 minutes once on the phone.

I had the same issue last night, call back service didn't work and customer service line had 844 yes you read that right, 844 minute wait time at 9pm...how can they screw up a coupon???

thecatspajamas 05-07-2018 05:45 AM

I have had my best luck in terms of short wait times when calling in the mornings. Just think of when it would be convenient for you to call, and then add 12 hours :)

buymycards 05-07-2018 08:12 AM

HP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1773492)

Oh and good luck trying to explain a nuanced computer problem to the people at the HP call center for whom English is at best a second language. "Could you please confirm that the computer is plugged in and turned on...."

Hi Peter, back in the early 1980's I was a TV repairman. You would not believe how many times I was called to repair a TV and when I arrived at the house the only problem is that the TV was not plugged in. I know it is a PITA, but it is always best to start with the simple, most obvious problems.

Rick

Peter_Spaeth 05-07-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1774072)
Hi Peter, back in the early 1980's I was a TV repairman. You would not believe how many times I was called to repair a TV and when I arrived at the house the only problem is that the TV was not plugged in. I know it is a PITA, but it is always best to start with the simple, most obvious problems.

Rick

I hear ya, but when you spend (not counting hold time) 20 minutes talking to someone speaking robotically before you can even begin to explain your problem, it's beyond frustrating.