Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problems when dealing with Kruk cards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=263794)

Sean 12-27-2018 01:59 PM

Problems when dealing with Kruk cards

I mentioned in a recent thread the problem I had with Kruk, and a few other members mentioned similar problems, so I'm starting this thread.

Back in 2010 I was building a 1965 Topps set. A card featuring Mickey Mantle hitting a home run in the '64 World Series PSA 9 had sold a week earlier for $525. I was the underbidder.

Kruk then auctioned the same card in the same grade, and I got it for $380.The next day Kruk informed me that the card was "out of stock." I always believed that they simply didn't want to sell it to me for 30% less than they expected for the card.

I later got the card from another seller (for $ 465), and I've never done business with Kruk again. If any of you have similar stories, please add them to this thread. I would like to see how many of us have had problems with Kruk.

mechanicalman 12-27-2018 02:04 PM

I bought a 48 Jackie from them after they had marked it on sale. After paying, I was immediately given a refund and the transaction was canceled. I called them, and they told me they "lost" the $4k card in inventory. Sure enough, it was listed for sale at a higher price a week or so later.

I can't stand the lying. If he had made a mistake and didn't intend to sell it at a discounted price, then fine, just own up to it. Life goes on. But the lying is a special kind of unethical.

I gave them a negative and moved on.

Leon 12-27-2018 02:10 PM

I have no comment except to say anyone giving an opinion needs to have their full name in their post, or be able to have it obtained from their post. Thanks

bnorth 12-27-2018 03:18 PM

I bought a 5000 count error lot form them. Wrong backs, blank front/backs, and other print errors. In the description they listed the different types and years of the errors but not how many of each type. I was putting together the complete 1982 Topps wrong back set at the time. The lot said it contained some. When I received the lot it didn't have a single 1982 Topps wrong back card.:(

When I contacted Kruk cards they just said "too bad, if you don't like the lot send it back". They also expected me to pay the return shipping. It is the only negative I have ever left on eBay. I have also never purchased another card from them.:)

mr2686 12-27-2018 03:19 PM

I'll just add, to even things out, that I've done business with them several times (not in the last 3 years) and never had a problem. Maybe it was luck, or maybe they've gone down hill since then. Don't know.

ALR-bishop 12-27-2018 03:44 PM

The card is a rip off in itself, Sean, since it shows Mantle whiffing on a Gibson fast ball rather than hitting a home run 😉

Hxcmilkshake 12-27-2018 03:57 PM

Ive done ok with him but I'm not too picky. I can see how those zeroing in on specific items might be po'd with how they handle stuff. Big box store mentality.

I was once interested in their "leftover piles" but have never pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Sean 12-27-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1840012)
The card is a rip off in itself, Sean, since it shows Mantle whiffing on a Gibson fast ball rather than hitting a home run 😉

I've noticed that as well. The home run was off Barney Schultz, but the picture is from a different game and Gibson is pitching. It is a great looking card, though I didn't realize that Mantle was not only facing a different pitcher, he was also striking out.

buymycards 12-27-2018 06:55 PM

Kruk

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=kruk

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=kruk

Leon 12-27-2018 07:17 PM

Please read post #3 or the top of each page in bold letters which says-

If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post.

You can put some asterisk or hyphen in it so it is not searchable but it is one of the main rules on this forum. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake (Post 1840015)
Ive done ok with him but I'm not too picky. I can see how those zeroing in on specific items might be po'd with how they handle stuff. Big box store mentality.

I was once interested in their "leftover piles" but have never pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jim65 12-27-2018 07:32 PM

Years ago, Kruk did a direct buy from the NY Mets of game used jerseys, which they are still selling on Ebay. I bought a few jerseys for my collection and never had any problems.

robkas68 12-28-2018 09:19 AM

kruk cards

I have had mixed success with Kruk. I have never had him not deliver, but he does have a tendency to over grade his raw stuff.

Rob Kasenter

ALBB 12-28-2018 10:38 AM

Kruk

Kruk good to me

purchased a 67 T seaver rookie..found it slightly trimmed
they gave me option - return for full refund or take a " ton " off price

T205Cub 12-28-2018 11:28 AM

I'm only dealt with Kruk one time when I bought a 1975 Topps starter set from him and the cards were definitely over graded. It was advertised as EX/EXMT and at least a third of it had really beat up corners, creased, etc. and even writing on one here and there. The best cards were ex-exmt but there was an awful lot of junk that I couldn't use. I usually expect some variance but not that bad.

I should have returned it but I didn't feel like bothering with it.