Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Should I or shouldn't I? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=267938)

whitehse 04-13-2019 10:20 AM

Should I or shouldn't I?

1 Attachment(s)
I have a question for you autograph guys.

I have had a few of these Ryne Sandberg Red Lobster cards but this is th eonly one I have left. While not rare they are not easy to find in great condition due to the fact the set was given away at Wrigley and it was heavily shrink wrapped which caused many corner issues. As this is Sandberg's real rookie card I am in a bit of a conundrum.

Sandberg signs through the mail for ten bucks and I do know those autographs are real. He lives within an hour drive of me and he is around town signing autographs to getting a real one is not a worry. The question is SHOULD I have it signed or leave it as it is? I love the idea of signed rookie cards but I know these Red Lobsters in better condition have some collectability as well.

What are your thoughts??

bigfanNY 04-13-2019 05:17 PM

If you want to know the answer to your question then you are going to have to send in the Rhino for grading. If it comes back a ten then best not to disturb it. A 9 maybe?? anything less definitely get it signed.

whitehse 04-13-2019 08:15 PM

Thanks for the reply. You are probably right. I think I will be packaging this up and sending it to PSA to take my chances.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-13-2019 09:31 PM

If this card is indeed better than most out there and you deem it worthy of being signed, I would strongly advise against the $10 through-the-mail scrawl you'll receive. Best to give the item the signature it deserves: a full-name version with the inscriptions of your choice as done at a paid signing. You'd be killing that card otherwise. The $10 black Sharpie scrawl is fine for less pristine copies.

whitehse 04-13-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 1870047)
If this card is indeed better than most out there and you deem it worthy of being signed, I would strongly advise against the $10 through-the-mail scrawl you'll receive. Best to give the item the signature it deserves: a full-name version with the inscriptions of your choice as done at a paid signing. You'd be killing that card otherwise. The $10 black Sharpie scrawl is fine for less pristine copies.

Sandberg used to have a great signature back in the day, a signature that can be seen as a facsimile on this card. His autograph right now looks less than ideal but I guess it is the only one that can be had!

I didnt realize that his TTM autograph was much different than what is obtained at a paid signing. You may have a great point in that if there is a different autograph at a signing I may just wait until the National to get it there as I have no doubt he will be signing. Thanks for the idea!!

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-14-2019 06:44 AM

His show autograph isn't a huge improvement over the $10 version, but you'd have more control over pen type and signature placement. Ryno is a huge fan of thick Sharpies when signing from home--something that would look horrible on this card.