Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Good News! I'm Going Home! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=282564)

todeen 05-02-2020 11:54 AM

Good News! I'm Going Home!

I just wanted to share with you all that I am being discharged from the hospital today after 12 days of being admitted for emergency surgery. I'm very excited. Because of the pandemic, i was not allowed to have my wife come along with me.

I also want to thank BumpusJones (Chris) for sending me some pick-me-up pictures of some very cool Cincinnati Reds memorabilia. He saw a post of mine on Facebook about being hospitalized and reached out.

Also, because of my smartphone, Net54 was a great place to go for interest when daytime television sucked.

I also want to give a shout out to the nurses and doctors of Seattle Swedish Hospital who supervised my care. They were all fantastic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Snapolit1 05-02-2020 01:34 PM

Nice to hear. Glad it worked out. I have never spent more than a few hours in a hospital [knock loudly on wood], and mentally would have a very difficult time adjusting mentally to what you just lived though. All the noise, lack of privacy, loss of control. . . . ugggh. When I visit friends or family I can't get out of the hospital quick enough. Don't know how I would cope with it. Any pointers to keeping your sanity?

NiceDocter 05-02-2020 01:49 PM

Net 54

Just recovering from some issues of my own as well and I have to say that NET54 (and buying a few things ) is some pretty darn good therapy! Glad you are doing well and glad to have you as a fellow Net54er!

todeen 05-02-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1976895)
Nice to hear. Glad it worked out. I have never spent more than a few hours in a hospital [knock loudly on wood], and mentally would have a very difficult time adjusting mentally to what you just lived though. All the noise, lack of privacy, loss of control. . . . ugggh. When I visit friends or family I can't get out of the hospital quick enough. Don't know how I would cope with it. Any pointers to keeping your sanity?

You know, it wasn't as bad as you might think. I watched very little television except at bedtime. The surgery also didn't inhibit my ability to walk. I walked 30 minutes 2-3 times a day once I no longer needed nursing assistance. The exercise brightened my mood. However they didn't let me leave my floor cuz of covid worries. I have a smartphone. But most important was phone calls. I tried talking to everyone possible. And I received just enough random phone calls to fill in other gaps. Then, after pain meds, I got drowsy and napped. The phone calls were most important though. Eventually everything made a daily schedule and that was nice.

todeen 05-02-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDocter (Post 1976902)
Just recovering from some issues of my own as well and I have to say that NET54 (and buying a few things ) is some pretty darn good therapy! Glad you are doing well and glad to have you as a fellow Net54er!

Thanks. Hope your recovery continues for the best.

clydepepper 05-02-2020 07:09 PM

Tim-
Glad you could make it back. Might I suggest you sending some grub-hub or door-dash money to those HEROES!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 1976867)
I just wanted to share with you all that I am being discharged from the hospital today after 12 days of being admitted for emergency surgery. I'm very excited. Because of the pandemic, i was not allowed to have my wife come along with me.

I also want to thank BumpusJones (Chris) for sending me some pick-me-up pictures of some very cool Cincinnati Reds memorabilia. He saw a post of mine on Facebook about being hospitalized and reached out.

Also, because of my smartphone, Net54 was a great place to go for interest when daytime television sucked.

I also want to give a shout out to the nurses and doctors of Seattle Swedish Hospital who supervised my care. They were all fantastic!