Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Help with mantle autogragh (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=284881)

Mmcar 06-17-2020 05:40 PM

Help with mantle autogragh

1 Attachment(s)
Does this autograp look authentic?Its on a bobby brown rawlings ball.

Wrightfan85 06-17-2020 06:03 PM

Gonna need a better scan if possible.

Mmcar 06-17-2020 06:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pics

Duluth Eskimo 06-17-2020 10:20 PM

Pretty bad photos, but I think it’s good.

Fuddjcal 06-19-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1991455)
Pretty bad photos, but I think it’s good.

:D Pretty bad photos, but I think it’s bad

Mmcar 06-19-2020 06:14 PM

What should you look out for on a mantle autograph?

Fuddjcal 06-21-2020 08:20 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmcar (Post 1992079)
What should you look out for on a mantle autograph?

The fakeness is the first thing to look at. If you are not sure or it's a shitty picture, it's fake 99% of the time. Let that sink in for a moment.

I have a 10 point system which I won't get into because I don't buy them anymore. The fake/real pop into your head in milliseconds when you have looked at enough of them. Sort of like a eye puzzle.

First look at the Autograph in it's totality. This ball at first look is just OFF. You have to ask yourself, self...."Why the crappy crooked pictures in the first place"? :mad:

Look at the M in Mickey. The 1/2 moon is flat and not shaped correctly. It's a better attempt than most banana Mantles though. The "ickey" is ickey. Too far apart and none of the letters look right or where they should be with improper flow.

The "M" 1/2 moon in Mantle is putrid and flat also. The interaction from the fake "M" to the "a" is a horrible attempt and the baseline of the "antle" is plain laughable. Forget that the sizing is wrong also. That's why the shitty pics. They are taken that way to deceive. (if it's for sale?)

The autograph is horrible and fake as hell, IMHO. Granted, I've been looking at these for years and can tell in a blink. Just like the eye puzzle I mentioned, when it finally comes to you. You really need better pics to opine, but I can tell you with 100% certainly that this one is fake as a $3 bill. Hope that helps you?

Do a little comparison with these and learn it on your own. It's fun and easy too once you get the hang of it. Good Luck!!!!!

bjerome 06-22-2020 10:43 PM

One thing that stands out to me on the ball in question, and I have NEVER claimed to me a Mantle expert, but in most every REAL Mantle on a ball that I have ever seen is the last name as a whole. On the ball in question, the slant of the signature as the last name goes in an upward direction. I have never seen that on a real Mantle. On real examples I have seen they all have a tendency to slope downward and it becomes more pronounced toward the end of the signature (Most notably the "tle").

JMichael7 06-25-2020 09:22 PM

Mantle is no good here.