Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Detroit Tigers Pennant Info Needed (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=309189)

quinnsryche 10-16-2021 12:38 PM

Detroit Tigers Pennant Info Needed

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I need some expert help with this one. Can anyone offer info on this Detoiot Tigers pennant? It is 11" x 6". A manufacturer, date and price would be awsome. Getting ready to offer for sale but I don't know what the heck it is!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

Deertick 10-16-2021 02:22 PM

It's possible that it isn't Detroit Tigers?

Looks somewhat homemade. No stitching, uneven hole punches. Right hand corner miscut. High school? Someone made for kids room?

If it is for Detroit, it's just weird that it doesn't have a logo or locale or even team color. Was licensing as much of an issue back in the day? When I was very young, I remember similar pennants (that pre-dated me by a lot) hanging behind the bar of the corner bar/restaurant. But they all had the logos where the image of the player is.

That's just my gut. I'd expect "Princeton" or "Detroit" or even "Springfield High" logo of some sort. Hope someone can help!

quinnsryche 10-16-2021 02:49 PM

The copy is screened on like most from the early years of pennants. That said, I don't think it's "homemade" as I don't think people had those capabilities back then. If it was Princeton it would be orange & black i assume. I don't know, just my 2 cents.

Tigerden 10-16-2021 02:55 PM

It had the look of a 1936-1938 BF3 pennant. There are 12 different types. I am not certain that is what this is in fact but its a start. The hole punch looks like something done after the fact and may be considered altered. I would guess sub $50. GLWS

quinnsryche 10-16-2021 03:53 PM

Thanks Adam, very helpful info.
Best,
Tony

perezfan 10-17-2021 11:21 AM

I've seen these before, and do not think it's home-made. Since I don't collect minis, I can't render an educated guess as to its origin. But they do come up in my searches, and I'm pretty sure I've seen these for other teams as well.

As for the punch holes, I think I've seen others like this. Unless this was a common practice, I think the holes are original to the pennant.

Deertick 10-17-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 2154541)
The copy is screened on like most from the early years of pennants. That said, I don't think it's "homemade" as I don't think people had those capabilities back then. If it was Princeton it would be orange & black i assume. I don't know, just my 2 cents.

You are right, of course. When I typed 'homemade', I was thinking more along the lines of the local print shop.

And for Detroit, I would assume dark navy and white color scheme. But maybe just the photo or faded?