Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Any Bob Lemon experts possibly lend a feller a hand? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329520)

Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey 12-28-2022 03:52 AM

Any Bob Lemon experts possibly lend a feller a hand?

8 Attachment(s)
Good morning, thanks for stopping by.....

I've got 3 items I'd like y'alls opinion on please. 2 HOF plaque post cards and a 1951 issue of Popular Mechanics! I acquired the cards together just recently but have had the magazine for a few years now. I'm thinking the Popular Mechanics looks good, but I have my concerns about the HOF Postcards.

I'm including pics of everything (including the front of the Popular Mechanics just b/c I think its pretty darn cool) as well as both postcards.

If you would please, notice the letters B and E on the post cards. In particular on the B, notice the right side of the B as it moves to the next letter. It is of my unprofessional opinion that the same person signed both cards (i.e. fakes).

Thanks again and I appreciated any/all help!

tazdmb 12-28-2022 07:41 AM

Both look fine to me. Lou Boudreau would send out those postcards for free if you wrote to him via the BBHOF. Mine looks the same plus I got both in person and look similer.

Bigdaddy 12-28-2022 08:13 AM

Agree, they all look good to me, post playing days signatures.

It's actually probably more of a challenge to find a forged Lemon or Boudreau than a real one.

Republicaninmass 12-28-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy (Post 2298402)
Agree, they all look good to me, post playing days signatures.

It's actually probably more of a challenge to find a forged Lemon or Boudreau than a real one.

I'd second this, aside from a signed 52 in which Lemon has seen some appreciation

tha-rock 12-28-2022 01:53 PM

The HOF postcards look fine to me, but I don't like the Bob Lemon signature on the Popular Mechanics magazine at all. The B looks " off", and the L and emon are not connected. I have not seen a Lemon auto where the L is not connected to the rest of the name.

Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey 12-29-2022 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tha-rock (Post 2298510)
The HOF postcards look fine to me, but I don't like the Bob Lemon signature on the Popular Mechanics magazine at all. The B looks " off", and the L and emon are not connected. I have not seen a Lemon auto where the L is not connected to the rest of the name.

Nice catch, hadn't noticed that. My assumption with this signature was that it possibly occurred near the date of the actual magazine perhaps? Thus why it was different? (Keep in mind, I have no idea what I am talking about, lol)

Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey 12-29-2022 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 2298439)
I'd second this, aside from a signed 52 in which Lemon has seen some appreciation

Thanks for the feedback to not only you, but also Bigdaddy and tazdmb.

bjerome 12-29-2022 07:33 PM

The Popular Mechanics Magazine does not look like any Lemon I have seen. I would venture a guess that if it was playing days it was very rushed. I'd bet it was signed later in his life where perhaps a group of people were at such as a Spring Training or something to that effect if real.