Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Real or fake? Grover Alexander, "Mrs." Babe Ruth (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329881)

Baseball_Newbie 01-03-2023 09:11 PM

Real or fake? Grover Alexander, "Mrs." Babe Ruth

8 Attachment(s)
Hello, appreciate any opinions on these balls, thanks!
Almost done posting!

Lordstan 01-03-2023 09:29 PM

The Alexander is fake. The Mrs Ruth might be good.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Michael B 01-03-2023 11:53 PM

Just a hint: When you see the signature above the stains and scuffing on a ball and it looks like it was signed yesterday you should start to reach some reasonable conclusions. That is not even fountain pen ink.

rjackson44 01-05-2023 08:01 AM

all you

have posted is garbage why continue

BillyCoxDodgers3B 01-05-2023 08:20 AM

Yeah, we're at about 30 different items. Maybe time to ease up with the onslaught.

GrayGhost 01-05-2023 09:23 AM

Alex is definitely bad, Mrs Ruth may be good.

too much gahbage.

Baseball_Newbie 01-05-2023 12:15 PM

Hi, sorry for subjecting you all to the many fake balls I posted. I am very new to the baseball collecting world, I acquired the collection from a sibling who passed away this year. After researching and learning what I could on my own, what started as hopes of a nice collection turned into suspicions that there could be fakes, then disgust as I read about the level of fraud in this hobby. Sadly, looks like he was duped many times and taken advantage of. Appreciate all the replies and the certainty that most are indeed fake. I can move on from those without investing anymore time and not be wondering "what if" down the road. So for that I thank you all!

JMEnglish27 01-05-2023 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball_Newbie (Post 2301350)
Hi, sorry for subjecting you all to the many fake balls I posted. I am very new to the baseball collecting world, I acquired the collection from a sibling who passed away this year. After researching and learning what I could on my own, what started as hopes of a nice collection turned into suspicions that there could be fakes, then disgust as I read about the level of fraud in this hobby. Sadly, looks like he was duped many times and taken advantage of. Appreciate all the replies and the certainty that most are indeed fake. I can move on from those without investing anymore time and not be wondering "what if" down the road. So for that I thank you all!

It's appreciated - the super collectors here may feel bogged down by the "bad" balls. But one of the great services a forum like this provides is examples of what to watch out for - to other newbies who may come thru.

Incredibly valuable even if every single item were a fake.

khkco4bls 01-05-2023 01:56 PM

Guy stop already. It's all garbage

Baseball_Newbie 01-05-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigj7489 (Post 2301358)
It's appreciated - the super collectors here may feel bogged down by the "bad" balls. But one of the great services a forum like this provides is examples of what to watch out for - to other newbies who may come thru.

Incredibly valuable even if every single item were a fake.

Thank you. Yes if anything, hope it helps someone in the future.