Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay recently started holding "authentication" funds.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=331651)

bobbyw8469 02-13-2023 03:08 PM

Ebay recently started holding "authentication" funds....

Hey guys.....Ebay has recently started holding my items that were being sent to the "Authentication Center" until they pass inspection on them. This is something new to me. They have never held my money in the past. Is that something new here? Are others experiencing this?

cammb 02-13-2023 03:13 PM

Yep. They held a card so long, I forgot I bought it.

raulus 02-13-2023 03:20 PM

If it’s a big number, then they seem to be more likely to hold your cash.

And if you’re a new seller, then they are even more likely to hold your cash.

Usually it gets released in a week, give or take, so it hasn’t been a big deal for me so far.

They did it in the past even before the authenticity program, just to make sure you didn’t ship garbage to the buyer and then skip town with the cash. At least now you have a 3rd party who’s doing the verifying rather than just the buyer.

bobbyw8469 02-13-2023 03:21 PM

Yea...I understand that....I have had cards go through their process before though.....they never held any money.....until now.

bnorth 02-13-2023 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2314133)
Hey guys.....Ebay has recently started holding my items that were being sent to the "Authentication Center" until they pass inspection on them. This is something new to me. They have never held my money in the past. Is that something new here? Are others experiencing this?

That is/was my experience and I have my payouts set to daily.

Snowman 02-14-2023 07:30 AM

I've had some where they just paid me out right away, and others where they withheld the funds until it passed authentication. I thought it was a monetary threshold thing, but then I sold another card for several thousand dollars and they paid me right away on that one. So I'm not sure what the logic is behind when they hold it back. But in my experience, they've been inconsistent. Although most of the time I do get paid right away.

bobbyw8469 02-14-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2314331)
I've had some where they just paid me out right away, and others where they withheld the funds until it passed authentication. I thought it was a monetary threshold thing, but then I sold another card for several thousand dollars and they paid me right away on that one. So I'm not sure what the logic is behind when they hold it back. But in my experience, they've been inconsistent. Although most of the time I do get paid right away.

The only thing I can think of Travis, is this is the first time I had a card going to the Ebay vault. It's not a high dollar card. A 1948 Leaf Honus Wagner SGC 1. But it IS going to the Ebay vault.