Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T206 New Collector - Inheritance (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=339060)

Bucc915 08-11-2023 03:06 PM

T206 New Collector - Inheritance

I recently inherited a completely unknown stash of t206s, roughly 400 in all. 15-20 duplicates, but the rest were all different. Included a Magie, Demmitt St. Louis, O’Hara St. Louis, a few Youngs, Mathewson black cap, and some other good ones. My first question is - if anyone is in need of certain ones, please email. I want to keep most, but would be willing to help other collectors as I feel very grateful for this blind luck. A few rare backs, but nothing crazy. No Hindus, Tolstois, 42s, etc.

Second, I did basic research on the Gus Dorner ‘Dopner’, and I guess the graders don’t recognize this one yet. I have one - what is recommended?

Looking forward to this journey with fellow collectors.

rhettyeakley 08-11-2023 03:09 PM

Congrats! That sounds like an amazing collection!

Would love to see the collection and how it was stored all these years. Not sure why seeing vintage collections in their “as found” state fascinates me but it does.

You have quite the jumpstart to an amazing T206 run!

pawpawdiv9 08-12-2023 07:52 AM

Love to see pics?
Wonder if these are graded or they in 'raw' form?
Sure would love a more in-depth story, always intrigues me about the person who collected them
or they just threw them in a old cigar box and forgot them.

Leon 08-12-2023 09:00 AM

chat

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucc915 (Post 2363522)
I recently inherited a completely unknown stash of t206s, roughly 400 in all. 15-20 duplicates, but the rest were all different. Included a Magie, Demmitt St. Louis, O’Hara St. Louis, a few Youngs, Mathewson black cap, and some other good ones. My first question is - if anyone is in need of certain ones, please email. I want to keep most, but would be willing to help other collectors as I feel very grateful for this blind luck. A few rare backs, but nothing crazy. No Hindus, Tolstois, 42s, etc.

Second, I did basic research on the Gus Dorner ‘Dopner’, and I guess the graders don’t recognize this one yet. I have one - what is recommended?

Hey M
Thanks for the semi lengthy chat on the phone. It's so awesome when these things happen. I wish you all the best and hope you become a collector too!

You mentioned T206 Youngs...Maybe, one is a Portrait like this one!

Ronnie73 08-13-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucc915 (Post 2363522)

Congrats on the newly found wealth, but sorry for your loss of the original T206 owner. In your current situation, this is the right place to be. I can say that most of the big collectors of this set, are members here. Also, many of the auction houses are members too, if you decide to sell everything, or looking to sell some singles to other members, to avoid sellers fees from eBay and other sites, you are surrounded by many knowledgeable T206 collectors, me being one of many. Feel free to private message me, if you have any questions or just need advice on a sale.

parkerj33 08-14-2023 07:12 PM

Congrats! You will find many knowledgeable and friendly folks on this board to help you. Enjoy!

And if any of the rarities are for sale let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5-Tool Player 08-14-2023 07:17 PM

You've have given a gift, play it smart and slow. Follow your heart, if you need $$
sell some but NOT all. Help those who you believe are collectors.

Be Well

Carlos - Southern Califronia

JollyElm 08-14-2023 07:39 PM

I'm going to take a different tack. Put all of the cards in a 3 for $5 bargain bin and give me the first exclusive look-see. That's a win win!!! :D

Prof 08-15-2023 12:49 PM

Sorry about the loss in your circle.

But please, post some photos! I think we'd all love to see what's been tucked away for decades.