Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Unknown Signed Baseballs: Can anyone help? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=343981)

Polarboy 12-16-2023 09:03 PM

Unknown Signed Baseballs: Can anyone help?

8 Attachment(s)
Got these at a local card shop, was wondering if anyone could possibly help identify any of the signatures? Help is appreciated, thank you!

Steve D 12-16-2023 10:00 PM

The top sig below the RO-A, is Kevin Stocker.

The bottom sig on the same panel, is Orlando Gomez.

Stocker played for the Tampa Bay Rays in 1998-2000, and Gomez was a coach for them those same three years.

Steve

Polarboy 12-16-2023 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve D (Post 2397647)
The top sig below the RO-A, is Kevin Stocker.

The bottom sig on the same panel, is Orlando Gomez.

Stocker played for the Tampa Bay Rays in 1998-2000, and Gomez was a coach for them those same three years.

Steve

This is exactly why I love this forum so much! You guys are amazing! Thank you!

dgo71 12-17-2023 10:46 AM

Pic #1 - between Stocker and Gomez is Mike Figga
2 - John Flaherty, Todd Belitz, Travis Harper, Toby Hall
Definitely a Tampa Bay Rays ball, likely spring training since Belitz never got to the Show with them.

Pic #3 - ?, Luis Alicea
4 - Stan Belinda, Buddy Bailey (longtime minor league coach)
5 - Brent Cookson, Milt Cuyler, Mike Maddux
6 - Butch Henry
7 - Jeff Suppan
8 - Jamie Moyer
The only overlap I see with these guys is 1996 Red Sox. Also most likely a Spring Training ball. Bailey was manager of the AAA team in Pawtucket in '96, and it's very common for the Triple-A coaches to be with the big league team during ST games.

Polarboy 12-17-2023 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo71 (Post 2397724)
Pic #1 - between Stocker and Gomez is Mike Figga
2 - John Flaherty, Todd Belitz, Travis Harper, Toby Hall
Definitely a Tampa Bay Rays ball, likely spring training since Belitz never got to the Show with them.

Pic #3 - ?, Luis Alicea
4 - Stan Belinda, Buddy Bailey (longtime minor league coach)
5 - Brent Cookson, Milt Cuyler, Mike Maddux
6 - Butch Henry
7 - Jeff Suppan
8 - Jamie Moyer
The only overlap I see with these guys is 1996 Red Sox. Also most likely a Spring Training ball. Bailey was manager of the AAA team in Pawtucket in '96, and it's very common for the Triple-A coaches to be with the big league team during ST games.

I have no idea how you guys figure these out, I barely found out that hall was on the ball. Thanks a lot for the information!

ronniehatesjazz 12-17-2023 10:01 PM

This was a fun one and I thought I had cracked the case, just looking at the pictures. Should have known some other sleuth lurking on this forum had already beat me to the case when I scrolled down to type my reply. Definitely a Bosox ball from that era... was tied up on Butch Henry, but apparently there where 2 different Butch Henry's in the MLB at that time... learn something new every day on here!