Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Help with baseball plate (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346129)

Vintagedeputy 02-09-2024 04:33 AM

Help with baseball plate

1 Attachment(s)
I had posted this on the vintage card side, hoping to get a little more traffic so apologies if you’ve seen this over there.

I recently picked up this baseball plate. The seller was positive that it was turn of the century, but as has been indicated to me, there are examples of a similarly designed golf plate on eBay that was produced in 1993. I cannot find another example of the baseball plate though and the back of the plate has no information whatsoever.

Has anyone ever seen this before or does anyone have any info about when this might’ve been made?

Hankphenom 02-09-2024 08:32 AM

Jim, I don't have anything concrete to add, but I do have an affection for "3-D" pieces like this so I have always paid attention over the years when I'd see one, and have bought and sold many, old and not so old. When I first saw it, I was pretty sure it was not vintage to the image portrayed. Then when the golf example, clearly part of the same set, was posted and dated to 1993, that clinched it for me. So I would say it's still cool, just not worth a lot.

Vintagedeputy 02-09-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 2411503)
Jim, I don't have anything concrete to add, but I do have an affection for "3-D" pieces like this so I have always paid attention over the years when I'd see one, and have bought and sold many, old and not so old. When I first saw it, I was pretty sure it was not vintage to the image portrayed. Then when the golf example, clearly part of the same set, was posted and dated to 1993, that clinched it for me. So I would say it's still cool, just not worth a lot.

Thanks, Hank. I didn’t expect it to be worth much at all. I was more just interested in finding out when it was made. At the end of the day, I paid $10 for it and it’s worth every penny of that to me. Hah!

bnorth 02-09-2024 11:39 AM

Is it the same 7 3/4 inch size as the golf plates?

Vintagedeputy 02-09-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2411566)
Is it the same 7 3/4 inch size as the golf plates?

Yes, 7 3/4.

Hankphenom 02-09-2024 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy (Post 2411554)
Thanks, Hank. I didn’t expect it to be worth much at all. I was more I’m just interested in finding out when it was made. At the end of the day, I paid $10 for it and it’s worth every penny of that to me. Hah!

And, as the saying goes, for $10 or $100, "find another one."

khkco4bls 02-09-2024 08:58 PM

It's a 90s plate. I had it back in the day

Vintagedeputy 02-09-2024 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 2411702)
And, as the saying goes, for $10 or $100, "find another one."

Haven't found another one yet, but its already up on the wall and looking good!