Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Server Migration Issues (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346541)

Leon 02-19-2024 03:42 PM

Server Migration Issues

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Folks
Sorry for the interruption on being down just now. Our service proivider doing this server migration failed to tell me when they would be doing it. I sent a not too happy email. To have a service company not tell me they are bringing us down is not good. There will probably be some downtime but it needs to be planned.
I will update when possible.
Happy collecting....
and a cdv

Fred 02-19-2024 03:45 PM

Ain't nothing like scheduling something like this in the middle of the day. I thought most companies would tell you "when" maintenance is going to occur and will usually try to do it "off hours". At least that's how corporations do it.

Saul Goodman - it's not like this is a 911 portal. :p

Just curious, how long was it offline?

Leon 02-19-2024 03:48 PM

Yes, that is the way they are always done. I schedule them for the wee hours of the morning when need be. I don't know how long we were down but I suspect 15-25 minutes. I had an email about it. I put in a support ticket and they got it back quickly. Sheesh....I was like...ok, the site is gone :).

(we have multiple back ups)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 2414238)
Ain't nothing like scheduling something like this in the middle of the day. I thought most companies would tell you "when" maintenance is going to occur and will usually try to do it "off hours". At least that's how corporations do it.

Saul Goodman - it's not like this is a 911 portal. :p

Just curious, how long was it offline?

raulus 02-19-2024 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2414241)
Yes, that is the way they are always done. I schedule them for the wee hours of the morning when need be. I don't know how long we were down but I suspect 15-25 minutes. I had an email about it. I put in a support ticket and they got it back quickly. Sheesh....I was like...ok, the site is gone :).

(we have multiple back ups)

Tell me about it. I started going through withdrawals and getting the shakes.

JollyElm 02-19-2024 06:23 PM

This is unacceptable. For most of us, this site is our only outlet to the outside world!!!! :D

Leon 02-20-2024 01:42 PM

Apologies for the downtime today.
And the issues are continuing. I had a feeling this could happen. It didn't help I was in a dentists chair being worked on for literally 5 1/2 hours this morning. Right about when the issues started :)...

philliesfan 02-20-2024 02:01 PM

Dentist chair for 5-1/2 hours! YIKES!
Hopefully everything is ok now
Bob

Leon 02-20-2024 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2414374)
Dentist chair for 5-1/2 hours! YIKES!
Hopefully everything is ok now
Bob

Yes, all is great. I won't go into it but I have never been in a dental chair that long at one time before, by far. It was work on mulitple teeth of course. Better than new LOL....
Thanks!

I am referring Ducky to my dentist too..

https://www.luckeycards.com/ducky.jpg

philliesfan 02-20-2024 02:47 PM

Again....Yikes. I would have needed a pee jar under the apron.

pawpawdiv9 02-23-2024 08:16 AM

Out Again this morning about 8-9 am est

Leon 02-23-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2414890)
Out Again this morning about 8-9 am est

I have been on hosting support calls for the last 3 hours....sorry for the issues..

I should note that these most recent issues are not because of a migration. There are some legacy s/w issues being worked out.

brunswickreeves 02-23-2024 10:12 AM

Can the site be optimized for mobile use via an app? I’d be willing to pay a subscription.

Leon 02-23-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunswickreeves (Post 2414916)
Can the site be optimized for mobile use via an app? I’d be willing to pay a subscription.

We have tapatalk...so the trolls can get in...but otherwise,
I don't think so. We run the same application s/w as Blowout, Vbulletin 3.x.....