Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: Greg Morris Marketplace (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348981)

Eric72 04-30-2024 05:53 PM

OT: Greg Morris Marketplace

I've noticed that Greg Morris Marketplace is one of the Net54 advertisers. I have a few questions for those of you who have used their website:
  1. Is this the same Greg Morris who has thousands of cards listed on eBay?
  2. Are the cards on their marketplace the same as those on eBay? (i.e., will I just get redirected to an eBay listing?)
  3. Is their grading generally accurate?
  4. Are there any significant differences between using their website and buying from them on eBay?

Peter_Spaeth 04-30-2024 05:57 PM

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...ht=marketplace

Eric72 04-30-2024 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2430435)

Thanks, Peter.

It sounds like they didn't have the greatest start to this venture.

brunswickreeves 05-01-2024 10:35 AM

Will be interesting to see the impact their eBay listings and if this is test run for a pivot.

Cory 05-02-2024 08:49 AM

Gmm

1. - Yes same Greg Morris
2. - No - I don't believe they are cross listed. I could be wrong here on fixed price listings, but near certain the auctions are not cross listed.
3. I can't really speak to grading accuracy - I focus on low grade t206's so if it looks good to me I buy it regardless of grade.
4. Buying for me has been very easy both on ebay and off. I only participated in the auction so far on their marketplace and got some great deals - likely due to the "kinks" mentioned in the prior linked thread. I very, very rarely win any greg morris auctions on ebay anymore - prices tend to go too high and I'm cheap. As far as I can tell they haven't had any t206's on their marketplace since the auction. One interesting thing is they combined shipping for $5 - and I won over 80 lots. I think they do the same on ebay though. Shipping is fast and secure from both.

jingram058 05-02-2024 08:55 AM

I have bought from Greg Morris in the past, not recently. I thought they were fine. No issues whatsoever.

Yoda 05-02-2024 12:19 PM

Be careful what you say about them on the Board. Some time ago, I made a mild comment that I thought their grading standards had slipped a smidge and, as a result, I got banned from their auctions.

MikeGarcia 05-02-2024 03:15 PM

How ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2430855)
Be careful what you say about them on the Board. Some time ago, I made a mild comment that I thought their grading standards had slipped a smidge and, as a result, I got banned from their auctions.

.. How could they know ? Where did you make the comment ?

GMC Drew 05-02-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric72 (Post 2430431)
I've noticed that Greg Morris Marketplace is one of the Net54 advertisers. I have a few questions for those of you who have used their website:
  1. Is this the same Greg Morris who has thousands of cards listed on eBay?
  2. Are the cards on their marketplace the same as those on eBay? (i.e., will I just get redirected to an eBay listing?)
  3. Is their grading generally accurate?
  4. Are there any significant differences between using their website and buying from them on eBay?

Hey Eric,

I answered your questions in numerical order if this helps.

1. Yes this is the same Greg Morris that you see on eBay.
2. These are different cards and different listings from the cards we sell on eBay. We are trying out our new marketplace and building it as we go along. There is no intention but to see if we can create an auction style marketplace for everyone to use while we are still selling on eBay.
3. Grading is as accurate as we possibly can be. The same graders that grade for our eBay listing are the same graders used for the marketplace.
4. We are trying to build something that is tailored to the collector and as of right now the only big difference is that you can find some amazing deals on items we are auctioning bi-weekly.

GMC Drew 05-02-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2430855)

Hey John,

I'm not aware of anyone ever being banned for criticism. If you give me your username, I'm happy to check for the reason and get back to you. We should be able to reverse the blocked account.

JollyElm 05-02-2024 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 620288

Eric72 05-02-2024 05:45 PM

Thanks, everyone, for weighing in with your thoughts. I appreciate the info. I've made a few purchases from Greg Morris through eBay, and it looks like they're run by the same group of people, so I'll likely also be bidding on their marketplace.