Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suggestion for B/S/T thread (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63321)

Archive 03-29-2003 05:20 PM

Suggestion for B/S/T thread

Posted By: <b>jay berhens&nbsp; </b><p>Everyone wants to try get there wants/sales int eh threat right away so that it doesn't lost in all the posts. Is possible to restict post in that thread strictly to those that have contact address so that all the questions, etc can be directed to that person instead of making the thread even longer than it already gets?<BR><BR>There are already a number of posts on the new thread that could have been taken care of off board.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 03-30-2003 06:18 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>The thread has lost some of its usefulness simply because the same posts show up every time. I think we need a seperate place where people can post their "wanted" list, as those items don't seem to change much. I volunteer to create a web-page called "wanted vintage baseball items", and anyone who desires (who is a contributor to this board) can have their own spot on it and send me an email any time they need an update - I can make it alphabetical by either handle or name, whatever you prefer. Then we can post a link to it at the top of every new "Sell" thread on this board so it is very easy to access. I think the "Sell/Trade" thread would keep a lot fresher that way and the same people wouldn't have to keep posting the same "wanted" list every month (I'm not complaining about it - just offering a solution).<BR><BR>As long as no one needs images added to the proposed web-page, I can maintain it easily for nothing, but it would have to be a "wanted" list only.

Archive 03-30-2003 06:20 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>it would be a separate "free-floating unattached" page.

Archive 03-30-2003 07:36 AM

Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>Is there any way we ourselves can maintain our own wantlist on this proposed "sell/trade" page without having to email you every time we decide to change it?<BR><BR>If not, I still like the idea, as well as your suggestion to link this "sell/trade" page off the Network 54 main page.

Archive 04-01-2003 07:12 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>It would require me to give you the password to edit my web-space.<BR><BR>However, I didnt' get any response to this post from anyone other than you, so I'll just drop it.

Archive 04-01-2003 08:21 AM

Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Scott---I think this is a great idea and I like Ben's additional comment

Archive 04-01-2003 10:35 AM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>definately a good idea, since most of the B/S/T thread tends to be want lists. Putting the link along with Elliot's disclaimer at the begining of the thread would be a very good thing.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 04-01-2003 12:24 PM

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Add me to the good idea list.

Archive 04-01-2003 05:55 PM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>.