Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where do these people come from? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=89610)

Archive 05-07-2008 12:03 PM

Where do these people come from?

Posted By: <b>Josh</b><p><a href="http://tinyurl.com/4dqz3g" target="_new">http://tinyurl.com/4dqz3g</a><br />His description is not even for the card in the auction. It seems like everyday you see ignorant people selling stuff on Ebay.

Archive 05-07-2008 02:01 PM

Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>sometimes Rhode Island

Archive 05-07-2008 02:06 PM

Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>I guess you could use them as filler until you get the real card..........LOL<br /><br />Kmac

Archive 05-07-2008 02:22 PM

Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Monday...<br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive 05-07-2008 02:54 PM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Ohio

Archive 05-07-2008 03:07 PM

Posted By: <b>Jantz</b><p>Wheres the love?<br /><br />In my Ohio-born defense, the auction shows the seller is from Las Vegas and we all know that the "odds" are in the buyer's favor.<br /><br /><br />Jantz<br />

Archive 05-07-2008 03:25 PM

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I feel profiled.

Archive 05-07-2008 03:52 PM

Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>Funny that this thing was printed off with a laser scanner and the guy trying to dupe people didn't even trim all the extra "white paper" off around the edges--so you can still see where the original stolen scan of the card ends and the blank printer paper begins. I guess the scam artists are getting lazier!<br />-Rhett

Archive 05-07-2008 06:31 PM

Posted By: <b>Hagar Henderson</b><p>He states that he doesn't make "mint" reprints. That line says it all. At least he's not trying to sell it as a real card for $5 grand.

Archive 05-07-2008 06:33 PM

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>This scum life should be shut down. He is making doctored fakes.

Archive 05-07-2008 06:41 PM

Posted By: <b>Anthony S.</b><p>True Hagar, but some of the folks who buy these wait a month or two for the searchable item link to disappear from their feedback and then they turn around and try to pawn them off as the real thing. This is "Bailbonds702" again. He/she/it started churning these out at the beginning of the year.

Archive 05-07-2008 06:42 PM

Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>Am I missing something? He admits that they're not real. OK, so they're not in the right category but no scam here IMHO.

Archive 05-07-2008 06:56 PM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I guess the issue is for the potential for abuse. I'm a strong libertarian type of guy. This seller is honest that the card is not authentic and I do not feel that he is a scum bag because the next guy "might" try to rip someone off. I bought a T-206 Wagner "reprint" that has been artificially aged. It's simply a great display piece to me because I will never own the real deal unless my lottery numbers ever come up. I have no intentions of ever selling it period, let alone trying to sell it as the genuine card. I don't think that makes me a scumbag.

Archive 05-07-2008 06:58 PM

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>If the word "reprint" was printed on the back of the card how much do you think his sales would decrease?

Archive 05-07-2008 06:59 PM

Posted By: <b>Josh</b><p>his description. He is saying it is a different card than the w551.

Archive 05-07-2008 07:10 PM

Posted By: <b>Hagar Henderson</b><p>Matt, I don't know what would happen to his sales. I still don't think he's scum.

Archive 05-07-2008 07:19 PM

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Hagar - did I say he was?<br /><br />

Archive 05-07-2008 07:20 PM

Posted By: <b>Aaron Patton</b><p><br /><br />...O-H

Archive 05-07-2008 08:45 PM

Posted By: <b>Jantz</b><p>I wonder if he would accept scans of $20 bills as a form of payment?<br /><br />Jantz

Archive 05-07-2008 09:31 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Aaron, <br /><br /><br />Any true Ohioan knows the proper response is: "I - O".<br /><br /><br />But I prefer to think that they actually come from Michigan, Indiana, and/or Kentucky. <br /><br />

Archive 05-08-2008 05:51 AM

Posted By: <b>Aaron Patton</b><p>Jim,<br /><br />That was what I was looking for.<br /><br />I too assume the majority of our hobby's ills are conjured in poorly lit basements in Ann Arbor or Bloomington.<br /><br />But, I digress.<br /><br /><br />Edit: Grammar