View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I love his auctions as well but cannot afford to compete any longer. This is the first year I will be shut out on all items I wanted. I too continue to be amazed at the prices his items realize. Below are two items that sold the last couple of days in his auction. The unopened pen and pencil bat on the left sold for $86.00 yesterday. The one on the right I purchased for $10.00 about six months ago. The Jim Thorpe photo on the left sold an hour ago for $212.05. The one on the right is from the Tribune's Ebay site I paid $32.49 a year ago. The Yee bats include Maris and mine has Frank Robinson. Does Maris make it worth an additional $70.00? My photo has a small ink mark on the front which apparently devalues it $180.00. He is quite the salesman. That being said, I will continue to "dig through the morass of crap presented on eBay on a daily basis"
Henry Yee's "Chief" is certainly happier.

Maybe Chief is stoked that he finally got slabbed and brought the top dollar that he always felt he was worth, but previously was unable to bring in the morass of crap on the bay...

I think I would obviously rather own Chief at $32.49