View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Max Weder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
I am VERY HAPPY to win this photo below... I believe I "stole" this for just over $500 dollars. I saved over 1k on my snipe bid. GEEE.... I guess MR YEE doesn't have access to everyone's snipe bids...
This is a $1500 plus photo in my eyes.

It depicts a Baby faced Ruth IN THE UNDERWOOD AND UNDERWOOD VAULT
as a ROOKIE in 1915 LOOKING AT PHOTOS(maybe a conlon of himself??) with his Red Sox pitching mates.

Ben

That's a great photo. I didn't see it, despite scrolling through Henry's auctions a few times (then again, I don't buy many photos, and not Yankees or Red Sox photos in Henry's auctions )

I was shut out on the only two items I bid on. The Babe Ruth movie herald sold for $383; I recently bought one in similar condition for $315, with a buy it now obo of $375 (and yes, I did bid on that despite just buying another one but you have to have two to display the inside of the herald...). The other was the Stan Carlson Gehrig bio with promo material at $271. This winning bid is lower than what most booksellers would list it at--typically at $300 or above.