View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
J Stone

Default Opinions on Jackie Robinson Signed Ball

Hi All -

Really glad to have found this board. I'm an autograph collector who dates back to the early 1970s through mid 1980s era mostly. I remember having a great time as a teen and young adult corresponding and trading with people like Dick Dobbins, Dan Forman (sp?), Bill Corcoran, Bill Zekus, Dr. John R Davis and many more. Dr. Davis in particular was really generous, we'd make a trade but he'd often include several more items on his end...just because.

Since about 1992 I've been pretty inactive but thanks to the Internet and boards like this it's great to be able to read about other's collecting experiences. Like every one else I could do without the drama but it comes with the territory and the (mostly) intelligent discussion makes for good reading.

I'm at the point where I may have to start selling off some of my collection and as I go though stuff that has been in closets for years, I have to come to the realization that many items, even some of my "best stuff" may not actually be "good". So if you all don't mind I'll be posting stuff from time to time and appreciate your learned opinions. There are a lot of sharp, experienced eyes on this board.

Please look at the Jackie Robinson signature on this ball and feel free to render an opinions as to whether it is JR's autograph or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61_old_timers_6a.jpg (74.6 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by MooseDog; 06-21-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach picture.