View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:31 AM

I thought that's why boards like this exist, to talk about, share and HELP each other.

I don't post "Help" threads, but I see nothing wrong with doing so as long as you don't take advantage of the situation. I'm pretty limited in my knowledge compared to others on here, but if I can offer help, here or any other board, I do so freely. Most of the time I don't bother to post because I would just be repeating what another member or two has already said. But if I feel I can offer a bit more information, I am always happy to do so.

And besides, you never know when that bit of good karma will come around back to you. Many years ago I ran a tire shop with my Dad. I later moved to another job and on the way home one day I found an older gentleman with a flat tire beside the road. I stopped to help him, changed his tire and he offered to pay me. Even though in the past I was paid to change tires, I refused any compensation.

This gentleman was a former major league player and he invited me to his house to talk baseball. The experiences I got from becoming his friend was worth a million times more than any amount of money he could have given me.

This post is in no way directed at ANY autograph expert on the board. I'm just a believer in helping each other out no matter who you are. At least that's how I try to live my life.