View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
I thought that's why boards like this exist, to talk about, share and HELP each other.

I don't post "Help" threads, but I see nothing wrong with doing so as long as you don't take advantage of the situation. I'm pretty limited in my knowledge compared to others on here, but if I can offer help, here or any other board, I do so freely. Most of the time I don't bother to post because I would just be repeating what another member or two has already said. But if I feel I can offer a bit more information, I am always happy to do so.

And besides, you never know when that bit of good karma will come around back to you. Many years ago I ran a tire shop with my Dad. I later moved to another job and on the way home one day I found an older gentleman with a flat tire beside the road. I stopped to help him, changed his tire and he offered to pay me. Even though in the past I was paid to change tires, I refused any compensation.

This gentleman was a former major league player and he invited me to his house to talk baseball. The experiences I got from becoming his friend was worth a million times more than any amount of money he could have given me.

This post is in no way directed at ANY autograph expert on the board. I'm just a believer in helping each other out no matter who you are. At least that's how I try to live my life.
funny, that's how I've run my consulting business for the past 13 years. It's amazing how "lucky" I get every year with current clients passing my name to competitors and their friends alike.

Karma is real, and I'm a big believer in doing the right thing for people. If they need free advice for something, I give it to them. It's those people who come back looking for me when they have a big project. I'm accessible and give free information whenever I can....it must be working. Sales have already exceeded last years numbers and last year was doubled from the prior year. What recession!!!!!!

Do the right thing for people and it's funny how "lucky" you'll get too! It's called paying it forward!!!