View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
It is the hobby, in an effort to police itself, instead slamming itself.

One of my daughters once walked up to me in a group of folks, all of us talking. She quietly said, "Dad, quit being a spoon." I processed that, then stepped aside to ask her about what she'd said. She told me that I'm always stirring people, that instead I should leave them alone. She was right. And Mr. Nash is a spoon. Takes one to know one. At times we need spoons. But not everything needs stirring.
Frank, your daughter nailed it. I don't generally agree with Travosky, but the original post invited dissenting opinions, and he got one. i.e-no spoon, no stir, no problems.

My thought about Nash is that he was out to make a buck, and he found that the best way to do that was through illegal means. Having no morals, that was no problem for him. Then he got caught and felt that he could make the highest dollar by being honest - had nothing to do with a change of heart.

There are others in this hobby who did the same thing as Nash (got caught and reverted to honesty, simply because it paid more), and we now honor them as gods. I won't name names, but one in particular gets new threads in his honor every time he starts auctioning stuff again. No difference other than a matter of degrees. Let's not be hypocrites.