View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
MacDice- when you say "one of your former players", what is your connection to him? I think there is a good story here.
His name is Stephen Fife, I was one of his assistance coach's his freshman year at Everett (Washington) CC in 2006. He played for us for one season before transferring to the University of Utah where he was drafted by the Red Sox and then traded at the deadline last year to the Dodgers in the three way deal with the Mariners that included Eric Bedard. During his junior year, he caught the attention of MLB scouts after a strong performance in a game against SDSU where Strasburg (who was only a sophomore) had 23 strikeouts.

The Dodgers pulled him from his Triple-A start last night around 4:45 in the event that they needed him today but did not offically let him know until late last night that he was going to the show. We were texting a lot yesterday while he was waiting for the news. At the point that he was notified, I could not make the arrangements to make it to LA. The good thing is that his mom and his fiance just got to LA and I think that his dad is one his way as well.