View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Rawn,

I actually used to like you before this thread but when you attack something very dear to me and something that I work extremely hard at (and attack it for no reason other than to make yourself seem superior), then I feel I might need to respond.

Your education might be higher than mine (although I doubt it). I am glad you have one. I wonder if it was home schooled or did you have dedicated/ hard working teachers? Even if you have 12 horrible teachers, it only takes one good one to erase all that.

Trade jobs with me for a week...I will be a field technician (whatever that is) for a small company in Maine and you can be an elementary teacher in one of the poorest districts in California.

I spend over $1000 of my own money a year for my classroom (sometimes more)...how much do you spend for your job? I work hard at school. I do not get breaks during the day except for a 45 minute lunch (which we often work through). (I often spend recess copying, calling parents, writing reports, meeting with the principal, etc.) I work from 7 am to 5 pm nearly everyday. I work nights at least two times a week catching up on grading, planning, or email. I teach summer school. Did you know that the majority of teachers in this country work a second job during summer (some even at night) to make ends meet? My summer break was exactly 9 weeks this year and I start back on August 6 even though the kids do not start until the 12th. How many days did you work this year where you did not get paid? I had 5 furlough days this year and 5 this coming year. I have not had a raise in my salary for 7 years (not even a cost of living increase).

You mention dealing with parents...I can just imagine what your parent conferences must be like with your children (not sure you have any...but I shudder when I think about it).

I joked with you and you attacked me. I am just dismayed.

I would like to thank a few people who pm'ed me and sent support.

Done with you and this thread...troll turned out to be an accurate description...now I am sad I ever helped you with the t205 polar bear carrigan.

Joshua
Proud Public School Teacher of the last 15 years!