View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:54 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

What a tough one! Looks like Lew spent '35 and '36 with the Ray Doan baseball school. They trained at Hot Springs, Arkansas and there is a March 5, 1936 article in the Sporting News that shows him wearing the same Sox jersey but different stirrups. Can't make out the cap. He then became promotions manager of the American League where he was described as a "baseball missionary". In this capacity he traveled the country showing baseball films he shot himself and also had something to do with the National Semi-Pro tourney in Kansas. He also became the mentor of high school baseball in Chicago, too. I guess what I am saying is that it could be any team across the nation at this point since he wasn't tied to any team, but had strong ties to the A.L., high school and semi-pro ball clubs.

Like I said before, it looks like the same style as used by the 1930's LA Angels and Atlanta Crackers. I will also see if I can find what the Arkansas Travelers wore in the '30's, since the baseball school was in the same state, it could be possible...

Last edited by jerseygary; 07-29-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling