View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Paul Hawk

Mark, you are 100% correct.

I am an avid collector of autographs. I have a nice sized collection and my focus over the years is IP 'graphs. In my younger years (1980s) I attended a good number of shows in Alantic City, where big names attended. I remember waiting in line with my father for Mickey Mantle. I didn't than know how great he was, other than my dad saying, "Quit bitching; we're waiting in this line..."

I remember they grey haired man signing the ball for us; I didn't appreciate this event until later in life: I met the great Mickey Mantle!

Over the years, as I educated myself on autographs, I learned about the little nuances of the signers techniques. Mantle has a few, which are stand outs if you know what you are looking for.

I am no expert, but am just trying to help a fellow forumite... Please don't take what I write anything more than that.

http://vintagebaseballs.blogspot.com

Stop by and say hello!