View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 PM

Default First National in 9 years

I finally made it back to the National after a 9 year absence. I went with the attitude that it was going to be a social event, and if I found anything for my collection than even better.

I was not dissapointed!

I went on Thursday and Friday. I picked up my first purchase from Richard M. at Leon & Scott's booth...a pristine Claude Berry HRK. It will make a nice companion piece to my redeemed example.

I closed the 1st day by picking a nice Reach children catcher's mitt. Besides these pickups, the highlight of the first day was finally getting to meet and talk with Mark Macrae and Ted Z at their booth. I talked both their ears off, and could not have enjoyed the conversations any more.

With the pressure off on Friday, I picked up four Menko catchers on a whim. You can't beat $5.00 a card. I also was thrilled to have picked up my 2nd Pacific Coast Biscuit, Carl Mitze. I traded some B18 duplicates, and some cash on a nice deal with All Marty's Stuff. As an added bonus, it has a Aldon Candy Co. stamp on the back.

My only regret of the show was that I had to leave the dinner early at 8:00 p.m. to catch the Amtrak train back to Maine. It was great re-connect with old friends and to finally meet others that I have never met face to face with before. I finally met Andy Baran, who I had chatted with going back to the old Full Count Board. Simply an awesome trip!

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HRK.jpg (38.8 KB, 871 views)
File Type: jpg D310.jpg (34.0 KB, 870 views)