View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
George

Default 19th century Baltimore composite update

Thanks to Matt H., I've been able to identify all the players in the inner circle and from the id's I've been able to digitally recreate this particular piece. My photoshop skills are poor and I have no idea how to manually crop around the players (vs standard square crop). I plan to scale up the N172's to the size of the N173's, print out high resolution images of each of them and then cut them out and put them on a poster board which I will artificially age somehow. Should be a fun side project.

0) ??? (center image unknown origin)
1) Chris Fulmer and Abner Powell
2) Bert Cunningham (Old Judge)
3) John Farrell (Old Judge)
4) Chris Fulmer (Old Judge)
5) Joseph Tucker (Old Judge)
6) Sam Trott (Old Judge - unique pose from original)
7) Phenomenal Smith (Old Judge)
8) Oyster Burns (Old Judge)
9) Joe Sommers (Old Judge)
10) Matt Kilroy (Old Judge)
11) Tom Quinn (Old Judge)
12) Pat Whitaker (Old Judge)

Sadly, I have learned that the piece itself cannot be restored other than cleaning up the glue residue and touching up the center image. There is nothing that can be done for the outside images and many of them are unrecognizable. I have searched through the internet at length and have not been able to find the original card source for the outside square portraits or the center image. I don't believe that the outside portraits are N172's but if anyone recognizes something in the scans, please let me know! I assume that they are Baltimore players as well (based on 'B' on some jerseys) and suspect that at least one of them is the manager, Billy Barnie although it's not a perfect match to his N172 pose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 25.jpg (64.6 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (70.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by aquarius31; 08-28-2013 at 08:55 AM.