View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Adam Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Sorry, on the long, slow process I was thinking more of the various claims I've dealt with in the past, typically involving packages that were actually lost or delayed. I think you are correct in that, if you show definite proof (online tracking) that the package was delivered back to him, the decision (and refund) is much quicker.

The other stuff I said about them siding with the buyer 99.9% of the time and the tracking showing "delivered" being about the only "proof" they will look at is still accurate, from my experience.

For what it's worth, I've been on the seller's side of these complaints much more often than the buyer's, and from my experience, if the buyer complains about anything that cannot be disproven with tracking information, the buyer WILL get their money back. In my experience, whether it's a valid or believable claim has very little bearing on eBay's decision if the complaint is from the buyer.
Thanks for the response. The deeper I read into many of the threads the more I understand the seller's frustration regarding refunds. I would hate to think that, as a seller, there would be very little I could do in challenging a buyer who simply doesn't like the item they purchased and desires a refund. However, it is nice to know (assuming the outcome will be in my favor) that eBay will refund an item that is shown to be a forgery. From here on out I'm going to be far more diligent in researching not only the ball under consideration but the seller as well. I'm going to seek opinions about authenticity [I]before[I]I make a purchase and not after! Again, thanks for the response.