View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Default re baseball-collect.com

To Michael, (Tag: theshleps)

In fairness I don't have a problem with a comment being posted but it should include facts not just a vague recollection such as "I wasn't comfortable with the signature and cancelled the deal."

I realize you didn't say fake however a quote such as this may or could suggest or lead the reader in this forum to believe that I sell or have sold forged or ghost signed items & you probably meant no harm. For the record I have never sold fake signatures. I know what I have thru carefull study of the signers writing characteristics. The autographed items I have listed are authentic & unconditionally guaranteed to pass James Spence or PSA as noted on my web pages.

However I remember the transaction with you since it was the first & only time to date someone had questioned the authenticity or "wasn't comfortable" with of one of my signed items. It took me awhile but I located your mailed order sent to me with your CO address.

You purchased 11 autographed cards of various issues incl. a signed Sandy Koufax TCMA card & didn't "cancel the deal" as mentioned above. After receiving them your e-mail advised that you were not comfortable with it (a scan was included on my site which I believe you didn't click to view) & had shown it to a "knowledgeable" person with a negative response. I replied & explained it was signed in person, face to face at Copperstown during the HOF Inductions in the early 1980's. It was outside on the Otsego Hotel grounds on the side of the building where an area had been fenced off. People were calling for him to come over & he obliged. He took his time, was very relaxed & signed the TCMA card very neatly. When this explanation didn't suffice I offered another of the same w/ a somewhat rushed signature which I otained via mail from him. You agreed to the exchange & returned the original & I mailed you the replacement.

Last edited by Bob Semetka; 08-13-2012 at 07:18 AM.