View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Default Shots of 1885 Harvard Cap - Arrived Today

Vintage Yankee/R.J. Hinners
Like your Goldsmith sample scorecard and especially the Morgan Bulkeley's BBHOF plaque frame...How does one of those surface...did the Hall remodel??

Exhibitman/Adam W@rsh@w
Like the Sugar Ray Robinson Photo..

Photobucket

The c1885 Harvard sports cap I got by phone from Keith Javic at the National arrived today. As mentioned all I had to go on was fuzzy cell phone photos. I was a little nervous how it would look once in hand but I'm very pleased...Above is a shot of it in action in my baseball case..As I waited for it to come I had been trying to figure how I was going to fit it in as there aren't a lot of options!....But as soon as I slid open the glass door it just flew right out of my hand and landed on the shoes..and I thought I heard "Right here"...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Actually I'm taken by how good condition it's in...when you find these 19th century antique fabric items they come in all conditions...subject to an array of horrors that can affect them...stains, tears, moth holes, etc...and that's if they aren't thrown away somewhere along the timeline...

I believe the name written on the label "Blossom" may refer to a E.L. Blossom, who I found reference to as a Harvard class of 1888 member. One reference provided he boxed in an indoor winter athletic meet as a light weight boxer...and I did learn the Harvard Athletic Association was formed in 1874 primarily functioning to organize track, gymnastics and boxing at Harvard.

Photobucket

http://www.brinesports.com/aboutus.asp
Did you know the Brine Company is still around...oldest sporting goods store in the country....link above...Interesting they had six locations early on and they were all independent of each other...hmm!?!

One down two more to arrive.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 08-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.