View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 06:36 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Bob,
"In fairness" I did ask for a discount on the item and the proper response instead of the testy one you gave could have just been No. What's wrong with that? I have bought and sold a number items and know that in this hobby, if a guy gives you a deal, you most likely return to him for your next order.

If you have a business and you have customers who want to purchase an item, why wouldn't you want to have great service?

I asked for a $20 discount on an item that you probably still have and aren't going to move anytime soon and I'm sorry for that, but you can't expect everyone to pay the sticker price without asking for a better price first. You buy a car, do you pay the sticker price?

If you want to call me out directly, then that is fine...I'll let people decide for themselves if they would purchase from you based on the email record:

To: Bob Semetka
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: chuck templeton, s-81 (32-97, age 65) brklyn 10 games

I am in the US. Would you take $30 for the Signed Index Card? I can pay immediately.

To: "james graham" <jgmp123@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, June 11, 2012, 4:30 PM
Before we go any further ... No discounts ... never had to, the $ listed are fair ... if I were to allow for it the $ w/b higher to compensate ... to save time, you s/b asking about this in your 1st e-mail

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 4:46 PM

Just asking...No reason to get so upset.

Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 9:13 AM
I'm not upset, just telling you like it is .... you're obviously overly sensitive & suffering from ADD .... 1st, you didn't read that they are 3x5's (not cuts) .... Templeton was a tough signer & a difficult signature to obtain & you ask for a 40% discount ?? ... they don't grow on trees ... how many do you see out there ... do your homework

Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:27 AM

Your "overly sensitive" comment just cost you a sale...I'll make sure everyone knows where not to go for autographs. In reference to my offer for the Chuck Templeton signature, true they don't grow on trees, but I also gotta believe people aren't beating down your door to purchase it.

Best of luck with your future business.

Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
I knew you would say "just cost me a sale" .... quite frankly I wouldn't deal w/ you anyway, that's why I said what I did ... I to can chose who to sell to. Right !

Believe what you wish, I'm not concerned If they are or not beating down my door.

And by the way, was "Best of luck with your future business" a sincere comment?

I still don't see how the response: "just asking...no reason to get so upset" translate to me having ADD...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123

Last edited by jgmp123; 08-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.