View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Mike Navarro

Had a good time last night at the game. It was the celebration to honor some of the better Rangers over the last 40 years and it was well done. Maven was auditioning for Wizard of Oz, so it was just me going today Only one autograph, but it was a good one. NOLAN RYAN I got to see some of my old favorites such as Charlie Hough, Rafael Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra, Pudge Rodriguez, Buddy Bell, Jim Sundberg, etc, etc, etc.

As usual, the Rangers administration is very fan friendly, and they had free signings with the alumni before the game. I decided to pass on the others and made sure I was in Nolan's line in time. Afterall, it won't be a complete team glove, without the team President (helps that he is a HOF'er as well)

Here's a video of Nolan signing my glove and his classic Texas drawl. After he signs it and hands it back, you can hear him say something along the lines of you gotta be mighty strong to use a glove that big or something like that. I'm the voice you hear say "knuckleball glove" and indicating that we were about to meet the great Nolan Ryan, LOL.

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/a...nolanvideo.mp4

Here's the sig, it's a little shaky, but it's Nolan:

Of course, I had to celebrate with a great dinner, that's fries smothered with chili, barbecue briscuit, grilled onions, cheese, and jalapeno's, and a hot dog for an appetizer:

The Rangers played the game in their old school 1976 Powder Blue throwback jerseys (which I loved and bought one for myself, and a tshirt for Maven), and pulled out the win in the ninth with a walk off single from the newest Ranger Mike Olt. Great night.

Last edited by thenavarro; 08-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.